Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

O.X. lockers

Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
you can't just put a rubi locker in an X. There was a dude a while back that put a front rubi locker in the rear of an X, but it turned out to be a huge project. I say save up and go ARB. Thats what I am doing.
What are the PRO's and CONS of a OX vice an ARB?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kupost
What are the PRO's and CONS of a OX vice an ARB?
arb lockers rely on air lines and a pump to actuate the locker were an o.x. has a cable operated shift fork controled by a cool little shifter inside
Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
you can't just put a rubi locker in an X. There was a dude a while back that put a front rubi locker in the rear of an X, but it turned out to be a huge project. I say save up and go ARB. Thats what I am doing.
ya you can, i mean the whole axle, this way i'm also goind to a d44
Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
arb lockers rely on air lines and a pump to actuate the locker were an o.x. has a cable operated shift fork controled by a cool little shifter inside
I understand that ARB uses onboard air and OX has a cable. I was wondering what the pro's and cons when comparing the to. Such as "I would go with ARB because.......
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
I understand that ARB uses onboard air and OX has a cable. I was wondering what the pro's and cons when comparing the to. Such as "I would go with ARB because.......
i would go with o.x. because there are no air lines or pumps to worry about
if you want to know the diferrence once locked up i'm sure there isn't much, but anybody feel free to add to this.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

locked is locked whether it is elec, air or cable.

Anyone care to explain to me why a rear rubi locker wont fit in a X model D44 rear housing?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

X shafts are equal length 30 spline shafts. Rubicon are not equal length and are 32 spline. If you have the right shafts to go with the and factory e locker I do not see why they wont fit in the housing. That said there could also be axle ratio considerations and the Rubi locker may require a minimum Axle ratio and I don't know what that is.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by porters
X shafts are equal length 30 spline shafts. Rubicon are not equal length and are 32 spline. If you have the right shafts to go with the and factory e locker I do not see why they wont fit in the housing. That said there could also be axle ratio considerations and the Rubi locker may require a minimum Axle ratio and I don't know what that is.
Thanks I figured the only diffrence would be the wires to activate the locker and maybe the diff cover I never thought about the axle shafts
Old 09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

i saw i wright up on this, he drilled a hole through the housing for the wires and had to use different bearings and caps. the axles are diiferent lengths so he cut one shorter so it wouldn't bottom out, that i'm ok with its that for the other side axle its to short. it still fits you just have less spline contact and if it wasn't for this i'd be doin this mod tommorow
Old 09-15-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

oh yah, you can only put a front e-locker into the rear of an x as the splines are the same at 32

Quick Reply: O.X. lockers