Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

O.X. lockers

Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O.X. lockers

any thoughts accepted. here's mine, best set up is to have both diff's with selectable lockers. this way you can have open diffs in town and select what ever you want offroad. also no air lines, pumps, wires or magnets to worry about.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just look in the forsale thread and pick up a rubicon locker for the rear and for the front I would just leave it unless you rock crawl all the time the BLDs in the front seem to keep both tires spinning all the time. I rarely use the front locker, in fact even when I have used it I never really needed it I just used it cuz it was there.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by john smack
I would just look in the forsale thread and pick up a rubicon locker for the rear and for the front I would just leave it unless you rock crawl all the time the BLDs in the front seem to keep both tires spinning all the time. I rarely use the front locker, in fact even when I have used it I never really needed it I just used it cuz it was there.
seems to be the cheapest way to go and the newer e-lockers without the air pump seem to be better
Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

yeah guys on here almost give them away.. what gear ratio are you running?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

i'm runnin 4.10's gonna try some 35" tires and see how it does runnin 33" now. i can see a regear comin
Old 09-15-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

yeah I have 35's and 4.10's its alright gears would be good but it hasent gotten to me yet
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

how much did the ride change with the lift. not so much the stifness but the handling. what is the back spacing on those rims
Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Please forgive my noobiness but if guys are practically giving away or selling the rubicon lockers cheap doesn't that say something ? They are obviously switching it out for a reason right? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have purchsed a Rubi but the price tag........... Just trying to learn from you guys on this forum is all.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

you can't just put a rubi locker in an X. There was a dude a while back that put a front rubi locker in the rear of an X, but it turned out to be a huge project. I say save up and go ARB. Thats what I am doing.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
how much did the ride change with the lift. not so much the stifness but the handling. what is the back spacing on those rims
other than being taller and having 15" rims so the jeep leans over under hard turning I havent really noticed much of a diffrence, the bigger tires wander a bit on highways but other than that everything seems good and I just got back from a drive to Vancouver island and back putting on just under 3000kms in 4 days.
The rims are 8" wide with 4" BS

Bigblue- thanks for setting me straight i thought it was a simple switch.

there is a member here from our area who just put an aubern selectable in his JK and really likes it and the price was good also. I think it is northerwrangler..

Quick Reply: O.X. lockers