Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

O.K. i've spent the last two hours reading posts...still no clear answers...help?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.K. i've spent the last two hours reading posts...still no clear answers...help?

I'm picking up a TF leveling kit from a member tomorrow to give a little lift n'level to my sahara unlimited. He's also got rubi shocks n springs. He says theyll give me an additional 1" of lift. If so great, but there is alot of conflicting information here about that... Does anybody have any insight here? I'm picking up the gear tomorrow and need to make an informed decision....

Thanks Fellers...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default good choice

Originally Posted by shogunn
I'm picking up a TF leveling kit from a member tomorrow to give a little lift n'level to my sahara unlimited. He's also got rubi shocks n springs. He says theyll give me an additional 1" of lift. If so great, but there is alot of conflicting information here about that... Does anybody have any insight here? I'm picking up the gear tomorrow and need to make an informed decision....

Thanks Fellers...
i am not sure about the rubi spings and shocks giving you lift but the shocks are much better than the stock Sahara's and the springs are stiffer. My friend has a Sahara and my Rubi drives way different.( stiffer more rugged feeling )

i will be getting the TF BB as well. are you using shock extensions? i put on wheel spacers and the look and ride is awesome. Jeep feels more stable now.

Good luck with the install eh!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O.K. i've spent the last two hours reading posts...still no clear answers...help?

It depends on the options the RUbicon came with. Tow, dual top, unlimited and then if the sahara was soft top only, 2dr and no tow pkg you might get 1/2-1 inch.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks Fellers...
your sahara unlimited will not get 1" from rubicon unlimited springs. shocks will be better, springs may be stiffer thats about it.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: O.K. i've spent the last two hours reading posts...still no clear answers...help?

There from a Rubi unlimited. I have a sahara unlimited. So far 1 no, 1 kinda, and one maybe.... Keep em comin. I'm writing this down!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

There from a Rubi unlimited. I have a sahara unlimited. So far 1 no, 1 kinda, and one maybe.... Keep em comin. I'm writing this down!
There's nothing else to write down. You will only get a height increase if the perameters I mentioned are met. The shocks are better and slightly longer. Do you have tow pkg and hard top?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 AM
JK Junkie

I do not believe the Rubi springs will give you a 1" lift. However the coils have a slightly higher spring rate, but the shock valving is definitely different. Together they produce a stiffer ride on the Rubi.

The diameter of the Rubi and Sahara tires is identical and when the two equally equipped sit side by side the Sahara sits 1/4-1/2" higher on the two sets of JK I measured because at one point I had hopes of parking in my garage with a lift and tires. Although I must admit it is difficult to measure the height of the JK that accurately. The published specs are also almost identical.

I can only attribute the difference in height to the difference in weight.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spinlock
I do not believe the Rubi springs will give you a 1" lift. However the coils have a slightly higher spring rate, but the shock valving is definitely different. Together they produce a stiffer ride on the Rubi.

The diameter of the Rubi and Sahara tires is identical and when the two equally equipped sit side by side the Sahara sits 1/4-1/2" higher on the two sets of JK I measured because at one point I had hopes of parking in my garage with a lift and tires. Although I must admit it is difficult to measure the height of the JK that accurately. The published specs are also almost identical.

I can only attribute the difference in height to the difference in weight.
we put my rubicon take off shocks and coils onto my wifes sahara. only difference was i had dual top and she had soft top only. the coils side by side showed that the rubis were about 3/4 coils longer and the the rubi shocks were also a tad longer.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

The unlimited versions all sit higher than 2 doors. So a rubicon spring would net you 3/4 to 1" of lift depending on your stock set up. With a levelling kit, you would be looking at 2" to 2.25" lift I guess.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
The unlimited versions all sit higher than 2 doors. So a rubicon spring would net you 3/4 to 1" of lift depending on your stock set up. With a levelling kit, you would be looking at 2" to 2.25" lift I guess.
i think everyone is forgetting that this guy is putting unlimited coils onto another unlimited. the only time you really net any gain is when you replace stock 2 door coils with unlimited coils. am i missing something here ??? it's simple.

Quick Reply: O.K. i've spent the last two hours reading posts...still no clear answers...help?