Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NRG Steering Wheel

Old 07-28-2019, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Warning!!! Don't do this if you like all the fancy safety shit on your JK! My Jeep is becoming more & more of a dedicated trail rig so I decided to install a new steering wheel. I did some research but couldn't find much. So experimented & found a NRG hub adapter that would fit the JK's. I thought that I would just be able to remove the cloak spring but unfortunately Jeep decided to build the Headlight, blinker, & windshield wiper controls into the Cloak Spring so removing it completely wasn't a option. I had to hack it up In order to get the hub adapter on which was kinda Fun. Anyways, it's a pretty straight forward install and I love the way it turned out. The downside is you won't have a horn, air bag, cruise control or any electronic traction controls. Lol Here's a couple of pics. Attachment 623472
why didnt you use the SRK-171H made specifically for the jeep jk it looks like it would mount over the clockspring right out of the box
The following users liked this post:
ryanjk23 (02-15-2022)
Old 01-29-2021, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was there anyway at all you could have kept your cruise control stalk? ive been thinking about doing this myself...and the only thing my wheels has is the cruise control
Old 01-29-2021, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by saleen275
was there anyway at all you could have kept your cruise control stalk? ive been thinking about doing this myself...and the only thing my wheels has is the cruise control
You need look no further -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...option-354787/
Old 01-29-2021, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
mines a 2007...i dont have all of those buttons..just the cruise controll stalk out of the back of the steering wheel

Quick Reply: NRG Steering Wheel