Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Not your typical re-gear question

Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yukon 4.88 and Im lovein it
Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 AM
wdw
JK Enthusiast

I have Yukon 4.56 in my TJ with Yukon alloy axles. You can't go wrong with them.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
US Gear is making 4.88's for the JK D44. All others are still produced overseas and re-boxed. Compare prices and warranties and get what you want.

Your first step should be to check with your installer though. They may have a preferred brand, or may only warranty gears that they supply.

Thats where it gets confusing, many are 1 year including Yukon and I did find one with 3 year.. So I would think warranties dont mean squat. My installer says for me to choose, he can get anything but he said Northridge has good prices not my local vendor in WC pa (another good outfit). But he said he will honor the gearing warranty and his. I have never had anyone touch gearing issues.

@ planman Yes it did take a month to pick gearing, due to tire/lift combos.. lol
Old 03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
All gears for the jk are made in Korea, India, and China, re-boxed here by different companies. Your guess is as good as anyones as to what brand came from where.
I recently purchased Yukon 4.88s from Northridge for my 6 speed. In my searches, I read that for JK gears, Yukon, Superior, Motive (and I'm sure a few others that I can't remember) come from Korea. I could be wrong but there seemed to be a consensus that the best gears are made in Korea then China with India bringing up the rear. Also, as far as I know Yukons are re-boxed Superiors. My advice...just call Dave and let him set you up with what you need.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK OK.. enough said.. Yukon 4.88s ordered.. and yes David is the man!!!
so now AEV pintlers, Duratrac 315s, teraflex 2.5 coil lift and 4.88s.. will be awaiting install very soon..

Quick Reply: Not your typical re-gear question