Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

not sure what to do

Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default not sure what to do

I have a 08 jku with unlimited power train warranty. I have 1 year to go before I have my inspection.I now have about 110,000 miles on it. I wonder what's going to happen i have a teraflex 3.5 lift kit with toyo mt 285/75/17 stock rims with Spidertrax wheel spacers.as of now the boot on my front drive shaft has been removed because I tore it wheeling. just curious what other people have been doing. I don't really want to take it back to stock for an inspection. One time I was at the dealer The service tech Wrote on the paper that I had a after market lift. Thanks Jeff
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shouldn't be a problem unless the lift causes damage to the Jeep.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got an 08 and my 5-year inspection is coming up in April. What they'll do is check everything that's stock, and not aftermarket. They'll probably make a record of what stock components you modified, such as the suspension, which won't be covered under the LPW since you changed it.
If they argue any of your mods caused other problems that require repair, they have to be able to prove it was a direct result of that mod if they won't cover it under the LPW. It's a dicey subject. I wouldn't stress it until there's something worth stressing over.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right thanks.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 5 year inspection

Just had mine done 3 weeks ago on my jkur with a 6 " long arm , 35s , and alot of other stuff . They said nothing about any mods. The inspection is not very comprehensive. Basically they check the fluids , put 65 pounds of air in my load range e tires , and I had to tell them about my exhaust leak , they replaced my exhaust manifold and that's about it ! I went home and removed about half of the air in the tires

Quick Reply: not sure what to do