Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

not just another 33 or 35 question

Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not just another 33 or 35 question

My wifes 08 2dr is finally paid off and been replaced with another daily driver. 3 years and only 18k miles. We had a 2.5 teraflex lift put on, not the bb. 18" kmc rockstars. And yes i know those are old skool rims now. Wrapped with federal couragia 35x12.50's. Down shifted horribly no power shit for mpg. Looks good tho. Since this is our spare summer ride now i want to put all terrains on it. It will be driven back and forth to the beach almost every weekend which is a 3hr ride. And would also like to tow are bikes to the trails and stuff. We never really used the mud tires so i figure all terrains will be Best. My problem is will a 35" all terrain do like the mt's as far as down shifting on the highway and riding like shit? I think the 33's would be my Best bet but the 35's make it look bigger and meaner.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you go 33s, you will probably end up regretting it down the road. If you stay with 35s, re-gear to get that power back, of course that's another $1K or so to budget in. If your Jeep was riding like shit, you can't blame that on a 35" tire alone. I would check your air pressure to start then your shocks. Whatever you decide, be honest with yourself with the cost of the build, the cost of gas, etc.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Re gearing has been on my mind since day 1. And the mpg is no big deal since its not a daily driver. Im running 28psi right now. And the shocks are teraflex brand. Its.not really the ride as much as the handling. I know adjustable control arms would help. Since i only drive it every once in awhile i cant get use to it. Im all over the road in it. My wife has no problem driving it. Just didnt know if the 35 at's would help with less rotating weight

Last edited by jstrong394; 02-22-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: edit

Quick Reply: not just another 33 or 35 question