Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

not again.. steering.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not again.. steering.

ok guys.. i JUST discovered the popping noise in my front end.. the coil springs.. not a big deal.. but now i have another issue.. i have some free play in my steering wheel.. if you apply a little pressure to steering wheel one way it kinda has a free spot and rolls over without turning the tires.. im not sure exactly how to describe it.. but i would like any help you guys have.. if im holdin pressure on it to the left and i hit a small bump it gives way and then i dont have to hold pressure anymore.. almost feels like there is something wrong with steering stabalizer but i dont know how to check it..

Last edited by rozzman10; 05-17-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
ok guys.. i JUST discovered the popping noise in my front end.. the coil springs.. not a big deal.. but now i have another issue.. i have some free play in my steering wheel.. if you apply a little pressure to steering wheel one way it kinda has a free spot and rolls over without turning the tires.. im not sure exactly how to describe it.. but i would like any help you guys have.. if im holdin pressure on it to the left and i hit a small bump it gives way and then i dont have to hold pressure anymore.. almost feels like there is something wrong with steering stabalizer but i dont know how to check it..
Is anyone else having this issue? Mine has started having some major free play while driving down the highway or any city street. It used to only have it while parked but now it's less responsive when making turns at 35mph or even switching lanes on the freeway. I even tried turning left to right repeatedly at 35mph and the esp kicked on almost instantaneously to compensate. What could be wrong here? I've looked underneath and everything looks fine.

Quick Reply: not again.. steering.