Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

not adjustable control arms for a 4 inch lift

Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
The problem is that wit 2,5" to 3" of lift, you can get away with only the lower front control arms on the upper rear control arms. Mowing up to 4" of lift, you might need all 8 control arms, to gat every thing in alignment. A full set of 8 control arms will run you about $1200. Look on Teraflex, Rock Krawler and Metalcloak's website to give you an idea. You might look into RC arms too, but from what I have read on here, they are not to good.

Hope this help you out.
This is all good info

You can actually get away with the lift you have their for a smaller lift but 4' is a lot of lift I'd look into some arms from rk bc ino you can buy their arms individually
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your are on a budget and need time to decide what control arms you want you could buy some control arm drop brackets for the front. These are about $100 and are offered by AEV, Rough Country, and Rancho. They would help with the handling for now and allow you to address your rear control arms sooner. Your rear driveshaft could be in jepardy with 4 inches of lift on a 2dr.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Any adj. LCA's would suit, but I'd sway towards something recommended by the masses vs. RC or other low budget options.

RK, TF, JKS, Synergy and a few others are all good options. I personnally have Synergy/PolyPerf and they are good for me.

Not sure what you all have done to your JK, but I'd look to upgrade your trackbars to adjustable and go back to the stock pitman arm and remove relocation brackets. The RC lift is good for the $ but that's where they steer you wrong IMO.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by towel33
I'm a big fan of my Rock Krawler's. You can get the front adjustable upper's and lower's at almost exactly $500. I came down pretty hard on my passenger front lower on my last trip and it slightly bent the grade 8 bolt and not the arm. They are solid steel instead of a tube so they're pretty damn indestructable.

Edit* - I bought these after trying to do without the adjustable arms on a Rancho 4" sport kit (sounds similar to your situtation_. The brackets didn't give me enough caster with the stock arms so I ditched the brackets and moved to these (which was always the plan anyway once I had the cash). FYI though, once you upgrade the arms, the very next thing I did was tear my driveshaft boot with the extra articulation, so if you're running stock skids either notch it or replace with something with some more clearance.
We now offer arms, P/N RS66150(B)
The cost is close to the OP's budget but a bit over....
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

^^^ well there you go
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Most fixed length control arms are designed to work with 2.5-3" lifts and are only about 1/4" longer than stock. This won't be enough to correct your caster on a 4" lift. You're better off with adjustable control arms or stay with a shorter lift.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich30000
It's a 4 inch rough country short arm kit
It should have come with Cam Bolts to adjust the caster. Were they installed?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
If your are on a budget and need time to decide what control arms you want you could buy some control arm drop brackets for the front. These are about $100 and are offered by AEV, Rough Country, and Rancho. They would help with the handling for now and allow you to address your rear control arms sooner. Your rear driveshaft could be in jepardy with 4 inches of lift on a 2dr.
We used to offer these in our old 4" SPORT and they could be bought separately. We are seriously looking at relaunching these FULLY boxed brackets in the near future.

Originally Posted by triplethreat5188
^^^ well there you go
Old 06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
We now offer arms, P/N RS66150(B)
The cost is close to the OP's budget but a bit over....
Hope this wasn't taken as a shot against you guys, I loved the lift and for the price I don't think there's anything close for the height you get at the entry level price. I always planned to be building up from there though and it got me off to a great start.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by towel33
Hope this wasn't taken as a shot against you guys, I loved the lift and for the price I don't think there's anything close for the height you get at the entry level price. I always planned to be building up from there though and it got me off to a great start.

Not at all!! I have seen the "old school" 4" SPORT do some REALLY tough trails in Moab, where I think "D#$M!" We found that more people wanted a "true lift" but a lot like the drop bracket option as well. So that is why we are looking at them as an option.....

Quick Reply: not adjustable control arms for a 4 inch lift