Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Northridge OME Lift Kit

Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Why not simply have them install spacers and get her home? Much (read MUCHO) cheaper than wheels.
I don't know about MUCHO cheaper. Spidertrax spacers will run you $50 each unless you can find some used. Cragar soft 8s $60 each for 16 X 8 or $70 for 17 X 8. If you're going to get those wheels anyway might as well save the $200 on spacers in my opinion.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

$60-$70 wheels........... with tax, shipping installation, mounting...... I don't know. If they come to $100 each with all the extras, the spacers cost half of that. So depends if saving half is mucho enough for you. Do many mods and you'll eventually need the spacers, me thinks.

But if the wheels are cheap enough and you can get them installed today and get your Jeep back - bonus.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 04-21-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why cant they put the links on the inside?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have also heard you can put the links on the inside
Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure I understand what you mean by put the links on the inside. Does anyone have a pic to show what they are talking about?

Originally Posted by NH4X4
Old 04-22-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

A friend helped me install this same lift from northridge on his rubicon. He still had the stock wheels and we had no issues. The shop should be able to figure something out. If not, the OP should go there, snap a coupla pictures, post em on here and let someone here figure it out.

corey d
Old 04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH4X4
I have the Currie links on my Jeep as well. I looked this morning and honestly don't see where you'd gain much, if any, clearance by putting them to the inside. The threaded side sticks out about as far as the side with the heim. I can measure tonight when I get home.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am thinking maybe adding a spacer nut on the threads before I put it through the mounting hole. That would pull the threads back, but leave enouth thread the attach the supplied nut.

Bad idea?

Originally Posted by ScottK
I have the Currie links on my Jeep as well. I looked this morning and honestly don't see where you'd gain much, if any, clearance by putting them to the inside. The threaded side sticks out about as far as the side with the heim. I can measure tonight when I get home.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them and still have my stock wheels on. The clearance is very lil but it does clear. Mine do rub when i hook my trailer to the jeep and put a load on it though. So there is my excuse for some pro comps
Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This really shouldnt be this big of a deal .

With the rear links on this kit, Clayton, Tera and most of all the lift kits you need to have wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with 4.5 backspacing.

David

Quick Reply: Northridge OME Lift Kit