Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Northridge OME Lift Kit

Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northridge OME Lift Kit

Just got a call from my garage telling me the Currie rear sway bar links are not fitting on my 09 JK with stock wheels.

Anyone else having this problem??
Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got a call from my garage telling me the Currie rear sway bar links are not fitting on my 09 JK with stock wheels.

Anyone else having this problem??
Yes the rear sway bar links will rub on the factory wheels you need wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels.

David
Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks David. I didnt realize this. Planned on getting new wheels soon, guess soon just became now.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Did I read somewhere that you can install the links on the inside of the sway to get by?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same lift, links, etc on stock wheels. The clearance is tight (like 1/8 of an inch) between the endlink and the inner wheel lip. Mine will tap the wheel when making a very tight corner, but they do not contact the wheel during normal driving. Have about 4500 miles of driving since adding the lift.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Octogoogles
Did I read somewhere that you can install the links on the inside of the sway to get by?
I have the teraflex extended sway bar arms installed on the inside of the swaybar. I had the same problem originally. No issues now.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmm. My garage said the rubbing is real bad (so bad so it's not drivable). What would cause the install on one Jeep to have severe rub and no rub on another? There shouldn't be any variance between installs should there??

Originally Posted by Schantin
I have the same lift, links, etc on stock wheels. The clearance is tight (like 1/8 of an inch) between the endlink and the inner wheel lip. Mine will tap the wheel when making a very tight corner, but they do not contact the wheel during normal driving. Have about 4500 miles of driving since adding the lift.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WindyCityGuy
Hmmmm. My garage said the rubbing is real bad (so bad so it's not drivable). What would cause the install on one Jeep to have severe rub and no rub on another? There shouldn't be any variance between installs should there??
Is it rubbing on both sides? They might not have centered the axle correctly.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WindyCityGuy
Did they say if both sides are rubbing real bad or only one? The axle may not be centered. Did you get adjustable track bars with the kit?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Why not simply have them install spacers and get her home? Much (read MUCHO) cheaper than wheels.

Quick Reply: Northridge OME Lift Kit