Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Northridge 4x4 and Quadratec

Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northridge

Dave gave me a great deal on my order and it was shipped fast. I'll go back to him for parts.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by havejeepwilloffroad
Someone mentioned 4wd.com. I used to buy some things from them until they got bought out. Now they want to charge me 7% sales tax. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying online when you have to pay sales tax on the purchase. I don't know if it's every state or just the ones where they have a store or warehouse but it's a dealbreaker for me.
Give me a call seriously, I will be glad to help you out. I refuse to let tax not get someone to buy from me.

I will get you the best price and eat the tax if I have to.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Someone mentioned 4wd.com. I used to buy some things from them until they got bought out. Now they want to charge me 7% sales tax. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying online when you have to pay sales tax on the purchase. I don't know if it's every state or just the ones where they have a store or warehouse but it's a dealbreaker for me.
That was me. As far as sales tax goes, they must charge it anywhere they have a physical retail presence. I know, it sucks but whenever I have called they played with the price to hit the $ amount I wanted to spend out the door. You won't know unless you ask for it.

Originally Posted by shredX
I would try to use Dave @ Northridge, but Quadratec is a forum sponsor also. They are a much bigger operation, so they have a bigger selection and their customer service can vary.

If Dave has it, go with him. If not, go Quadratec. Support those who support this forum.

4wd.com also supports this forum.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
Give me a call seriously, I will be glad to help you out. I refuse to let tax not get someone to buy from me.

I will get you the best price and eat the tax if I have to.
lol....I told you about the tax!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I would go with Northridge since Quadratec is probably out of stock. Also if you call David he will beat the quadratec price with free shipping, and you won't need to pay the sales tax you would if you picked it up.
ROFL I agree about the out of stock. Every single item I have ordered from Q have been out of stock. From now on my business goes to Dave.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Did you check out 4wd.com? They match all prices (plus some more off) and ship for free to your local retail store, if you have one. If no local store, then I would go with Northridge because of the free shipping.
They don't always price match, I recently bought 5 305/70/16 Dick cepek Mud country's and Pro comp rims. An online retailer had a much better price than anyone else I could find but was out of stock, I called 4wd and they said NO WAY. They said the price I was quoted was less than they pay so no deal. I called Q-tec and they not only price matched the wheels and tires but beat the shipping cost too. I was very pleased with Q-tec, that being said I just bought my flashpaq from Dave @ Northridge, I think his customer service is second to none and that means alot to me. For us east coast guys Q-tec is faster to your door, but If you have a problem you won't get the same customer service I can tell you that. I am overall happy with Q-tec for small things like grab handles and stuff, but for more expensive items I always check Northridge first. I give Northridge
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wheelerbob
They don't always price match, I recently bought 5 305/70/16 Dick cepek Mud country's and Pro comp rims. An online retailer had a much better price than anyone else I could find but was out of stock, I called 4wd and they said NO WAY. They said the price I was quoted was less than they pay so no deal. I called Q-tec and they not only price matched the wheels and tires but beat the shipping cost too. I was very pleased with Q-tec, that being said I just bought my flashpaq from Dave @ Northridge, I think his customer service is second to none and that means alot to me. For us east coast guys Q-tec is faster to your door, but If you have a problem you won't get the same customer service I can tell you that. I am overall happy with Q-tec for small things like grab handles and stuff, but for more expensive items I always check Northridge first. I give Northridge
It wouldn't be life if there wasn't exceptions to the rule.

I have purchased nearly every bolt-on component for my Jeep from them and I have yet to pay retail or even close to for any of it. And yes, living on the west coast has its advantages since I received most every part within a few days of ordering it (except for the impulse buys on Thu afternoon that didn't arrive until Tue the next week). I have also yet to have 4Wheel Parts deny me on their 20% off coupon that has been running in Four Wheeler for nearly 4 months now. Including when I bought the Rock Hard cage for $480 shipped and was told directly by Rock Hard that the price I paid was below the dealer buy-rate. I even tried ordering the cage from another vendor on this forum and was told he couldn't touch $480.

I don't doubt Northridge's committment to customer service and offering value to its customers (especially during these economic times). I may even be calling David soon to order the Accu Procal module since they have them in-stock and with free shipping.

So my advice to everyone is to call around and shop for the best deal on what they want to spend their hard earned money on.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave at Northridge will continue to have my business after how he handled my ARB Bumper issue. He shipped a replacement the same day I refused shippment. THATS customer service. Here's a letter I recently sent him.

Dave,

Just wanted to say thank you. Every experience I've had buying from you
and your company has been excellent and beyond my expectations. As long as
you continue to be in business and I can find the part I need in your
store, you will have my business. Your handling of my ARB bumper situation
has been amazing. Again, thank you.

- Skip
Old 08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

If Northridge was just more centrally located in the US, I'd give them a try. Unfortunately with me being in the Midwest and Northridge being in WA, I'm looking at a 5 day wait on parts from them VIA UPS. Meaning if I order Monday morning, I won't see my parts until the next week. Quadratec is just a 2 day delivery time. And as far as price, if you order from Quadratec on a regular basis, you might be surprised just how well they'll take care of you on price if you just ask when you place your orders.
I used to order all the time from Quadratec. Hope nothing you get is UNSAFE and DEFECTIVE! I'll never order from Q-tec again. They took the wheels back, but didn't offer me squat for the $300 in crap I had to shell out including shipping both ways. For a defective and unsafe item they should have paid for shipping or reembursed me at least. Dave will NOT treat people like that. For a few days more wait, I'm going with Dave every time from now on.

Last edited by Enteric; 08-06-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

They charge me tax if I pick up "free" in the store, if I have it sent to the house and pay for the shipping, they don't charge tax. lol They get me one way or another.

Quick Reply: Northridge 4x4 and Quadratec