Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Northridge 4x4 and Quadratec

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beef
Ok, I was wondering about this Teraflex 2.5" BB from Northridge and Quadratec. I only live about an hour or less from the warehouse, so either way its going to be free shipping. But i was wondering if somebody can compare these links for me and if these two are the same thing cuz the one from N4x4 is $100 cheaper.

Quadratec: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_0000.htm

N4x4: http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1255200

Thanks alot... again
I too live within a hour and half from the Q-tec warehouse. If I need it and need it now I go with Q-tec. But you got to remember if you pick it up @ the warehouse you need to add 6% for PA sales tax. If you don't mind waiting and saving some ducketts, I say go with Northridge.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Beef
Ok, I was wondering about this Teraflex 2.5" BB from Northridge and Quadratec. I only live about an hour or less from the warehouse, so either way its going to be free shipping. But i was wondering if somebody can compare these links for me and if these two are the same thing cuz the one from N4x4 is $100 cheaper.

Quadratec: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_0000.htm

N4x4: http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1255200

Thanks alot... again
Support your local buisiness.
I'm origionally from Eastern PA so I try and support the companies in my local area. Also, Quadratec will give free shipping AND price match to any other company, just ask them. They even shipped my winch for free, and price matched! I also have ordered from Northridge 4X4 they are also a good company just not local for you.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Go with Northridge all day. Just call him and ask. THere is a reason everyone recommends him. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with Northridge since Quadratec is probably out of stock. Also if you call David he will beat the quadratec price with free shipping, and you won't need to pay the sales tax you would if you picked it up.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Both good companies.
Again support your local business' or they might not be there someday. Quadratec will ship for free and pricematch...just...like...everyone...else...
Just need to ask.

Same reason I go to a hogie shop and not friggin subway. Watched many a place close over the years.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you check out 4wd.com? They match all prices (plus some more off) and ship for free to your local retail store, if you have one. If no local store, then I would go with Northridge because of the free shipping.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcdude3
They are the same price...$482.99. NR4x4 has FREE shipping. Quad doesnt.
Isn't Q-tec's shipping based on $$$?

BYOV (Bring Your Own Vaseline)
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Quadratec gives me free shipping AND gives me X percent off the parts on top of that for being a longtime repeat customer. I can't remember the last time they were out of stock on something I called to order. I'm know David at Northridge is a nice guy because I've talked to him on the phone, and I'm sure he can match even my Quadratec price, but A, it doesn't make sense for him to do so because by the time he marks something down, and eats the shipping on something heavy from WA to Indiana, it would really cut into the profit. He's not in business to sell at cost. And B, it is 5 working days UPS from WA to Indiana, I know it for fact because I just happened to ship out an item to WA today and UPS shows next Monday for the scheduled delivery day. I don't know about you guys but when I put in an order, it's because I'm ready to put the part/parts on my Jeep and I like to have the stuff by the coming up weekend.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Someone mentioned 4wd.com. I used to buy some things from them until they got bought out. Now they want to charge me 7% sales tax. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying online when you have to pay sales tax on the purchase. I don't know if it's every state or just the ones where they have a store or warehouse but it's a dealbreaker for me.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I would try to use Dave @ Northridge, but Quadratec is a forum sponsor also. They are a much bigger operation, so they have a bigger selection and their customer service can vary.

If Dave has it, go with him. If not, go Quadratec. Support those who support this forum.

Quick Reply: Northridge 4x4 and Quadratec