Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

northridge 4x4

Old 05-07-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default northridge 4x4

northridge 4x4 web site has a purejeep front bumper with a prerunner bar or light bar. this is the setup i'm looking for. does anybody know if it's a purejeep option or aftermarket bar...the bumper is on the header of my.project-jk.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	purejeep.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1528  
Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is the bumper that they made for sema and it is not available at this point. They are working on a few different bolt on tubes for the bumpers no eta as of yet.

David
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info
Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

BTW, here's a better pic of it...

Click here to see more pics

Old 05-07-2007, 01:14 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any idea when the rocker guards will be avialable?

and im just curious why does it take these companies so long to release the products? They've had the rocker guards on show jeeps for a while and correct me if im wrong but the only product they are currently making is the JK front bumper? Is purejeep just ran by a few guys that work weekends? Seems like all thats left on the rocker guards is getting some jigs fabbed and they are ready for production? I know theres more to it than that but it just seems like it takes a while from show-to-shipping for these bumpers/rockers that are actaully pretty simple pieces. Its not just this purejeep and im sorry, I don't mean to rant im just curious. Every day that this stuff isn't released you lose sales to competitors.

...Not to mention that the rockers are already being advertised in the magazines when they arn't even avialable.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TEV
any idea when the rocker guards will be avialable?

and im just curious why does it take these companies so long to release the products? They've had the rocker guards on show jeeps for a while and correct me if im wrong but the only product they are currently making is the JK front bumper? Is purejeep just ran by a few guys that work weekends? Seems like all thats left on the rocker guards is getting some jigs fabbed and they are ready for production? I know theres more to it than that but it just seems like it takes a while from show-to-shipping for these bumpers/rockers that are actaully pretty simple pieces. Its not just this purejeep and im sorry, I don't mean to rant im just curious. Every day that this stuff isn't released you lose sales to competitors.

...Not to mention that the rockers are already being advertised in the magazines when they arn't even avialable.
The last time I spoke with PUREJEEP, I was told that they were shooting for a June release on the rocker guards that you see in this photo. As far as why it's taking so long to produce goes, part of it is because making a "one-off" isn't the same thing as mass producing a product and a big problem that PUREJEEP and other companies are running into is finding a way to mass produce body mounted rocker guards that actually follows the contour of the new JK body. Aparently, it's not as easy as you would think.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
The last time I spoke with PUREJEEP, I was told that they were shooting for a June release on the rocker guards that you see in this photo. As far as why it's taking so long to produce goes, part of it is because making a "one-off" isn't the same thing as mass producing a product and a big problem that PUREJEEP and other companies are running into is finding a way to mass produce body mounted rocker guards that actually follows the contour of the new JK body. Aparently, it's not as easy as you would think.
yeah that make sense. Getting the sheet metal bent just right has to be tricky and finding a way to do it everytime with quality control is another thing all together.

I just wish I had a tube bender...

Quick Reply: northridge 4x4