Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

North Ridge grade 8 hardware kit question??

Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aldaman
I just received my grade 8 hardware kit from NR4x4 (thanks Dave). Below is the picture of the parts I received. I just wanted to confirm with you all that:

* The longer (8ea) bolts are used to replace all the LCAs for both the front & rear

* The upper control arm bolts do not get replaced.

* The extra nut & bolt (silver) is for the 2012 models that replaces the trac bar bolt on the driver's side frame bracket....

* The 4 shorter bolts are for the front & rear track bars and there will be an extra one for the '12 owners because it is replaced with the silver bolt.

Thanks.....

Originally Posted by Monsterjeep07
so i bought these and im having a shop put them on, while im deployed, and they a little confused on where these need to go. so if i could get sum clarification that would be awesome. i have 2007 with a 4 inch lift but the stock track bar and stock control arms. the 8 longer bolts are for the lower control arms for the front and rear. and the 4 shorter bolts are for the front and rear track bars. since mine is an 07 i do not need to use the silver one. i have to call them today and tell them this so jus trying to get everything right before they put these on. thank you
..... See my description above..........
Old 03-12-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ASSFROW
Hello,

Is there any reason not to use stainless hardware? I luckily have reletives that run a harware distributor and can get stainless cheap.

Thanks,
Gary
from my experience with stainless, it is a softer metal, and very easy to strip if its overtightened
Old 05-31-2015, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default problems with northridge grade 8 install

There were several bolts that I had trouble installing from the northridge kit, and was hoping I could get some help.

The rear passenger size upper control arm has a tabbed lock nut that cannot be accessed from the inside of the frame, due to the fuel tank. The access hole with the tabbed nut is very small and I couldn't figure out how to get this one installed.

On the driver side, the upper rear control arm by the axle bolt appears to be too large for the 4" bolt, and too small for the 3" bolt. If you use the 4" bolt, the bolt ends up being 1/8" away from the shield behind the brake rotor.

Finally, the kit came with two silver bolts (I have a 2012 so i used one on the track bar bolt on the driver's side frame. Do you use the other one?
Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the rear lower, reverse the bolt. Or, leave it as you said it does clear. It's not moving once it's in.

For the rear upper, I wouldn't even mess with it. I hate that bolt with a passion. If you're determined, probably fastest to drop the tank. Or, cut the flag off the stock nut and weld it to the new one.

No clue on the silver bolts.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok the silver bolts are for the trackbar on 2012 and up I believe, either frame side or axle side I can't remember (it's in the directions and listed on the website) the 3" grade 8s are for all the trackbar bolts on below 2012 (should be 4 of them) and then there should be 8 4" grade 8 bolts that are fir the LOWER control arm bolts (both frame side and axle side for all 4 lower arms) unless something has changed there are no bolts for the upper control arms.

What control arms are you using anyways?

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 05-31-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

It's a very long flagged nut. The metal part sticks through the hole in the frame. I am surprised mine came out. I left them stock, gave the bolts and flag nuts A good sandblast. Anti-seized the crap out of the threads and reassembled.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The rear passenger size upper control arm has a tabbed lock nut that cannot be accessed from the inside of the frame, due to the fuel tank. The access hole with the tabbed nut is very small and I couldn't figure out how to get this one installed.
The kit is for the lower control arms and the trackbars. No upper arms.

David
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the Northridge kit and am doing this on my '13 JKUR now. Got 7 of the 8 lower control arm bolts done, looks like I'm going to need a couple deep sockets to get the last one replaced.

The kit now has 2 silver 3" bolts. I have read one goes on the front frame side track bar. Not sure where the second goes? And it sure looks like its going to be a PITA to get that front axle side track bar bolt out and back in.

Also, the kit only has 2 silver washers for the silver bolts. Should I use 1 silver washer plus 1 gold washer, assuming I end up using 2 silver bolts?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Use whatever fits. I think there is a mix of later model jeeps. Some utilize the new track bar bushing and some don't. I believe one is for the front and the other is for the rear.
Try fitting each through the track bar bushing. If the 9/16 doesn't fit use the 14 mm.

Quick Reply: North Ridge grade 8 hardware kit question??