Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this normal?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing... Wouldn't a stock JK with a 4inch ride a lot higher?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya those coils are barely taller than stock and if you search for the pro comp 2.5" writeup on here it gave that jeep pretty much the same amount of lift, i honestly think the coils mightve been mixed up but i could be wrong, something that renpia might want to check out.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAMU Jeeper
Ya those coils are barely taller than stock and if you search for the pro comp 2.5" writeup on here it gave that jeep pretty much the same amount of lift, i honestly think the coils mightve been mixed up but i could be wrong, something that renpia might want to check out.
Yeah, I ordered their 4" but it didn't look like a true 4" after I installed it and then I've read that their 4" was really more like a 3". Should have went with TF.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

i think my teraflex 3 inch gave me more lift than that
Old 01-07-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Wow Stumbled on this thread. Now im scared. I have their 2.5" tuned whatever lift sittin on the shop floor the past 2 months. I havent installed it yet. I made a huge order from 4WD hardware and decided to buy a lift while at it. It says it clears 35" tires with 4.5" backspacing. It seems complete, I called them because the front springs were silver and back are black. except they said I dont need a Front Trackbar. I was told that the front would sit higher than the back to even out the rake. I plan on buying a Adj front tack bar though before installing it. My real concern is the weight I have added to the jeep in stock form ( Bumpers frt and rear, Winch, Side bars Etc) Think the Jeep weighs 500Lbs more than stock
Old 01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, sorry to hear so many people having trouble getting what they wanted/payed for.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for hi-jack. But here's another angle shot of the 4" PC lift vs. stock. I am hoping that when the 35's go on, it will look taller. I might have to add a BL down the road.

Stock:

Lift:
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VAMP1RE
That looks about like how mine sits now.

I only got 2 springs back, so maybe they just put a 2 inch on. I'll go up there tomorrow and make a big scene until they fix it. But hopefully the guy can hold his temper, he's likew 4 times my size.
lol good luck ! Make your "big scene" and run !
Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OlegFl
WTF???? Who would CONCIOSLY buy that??
a guy with 3 winchs on a 1" thick steel front bumper i guess..

Quick Reply: Is this normal?