Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this normal?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Crawl under your jk with a flashlight, check for rubber pucks on the top of the rear coils.
I just did that, but I really didn't inspect it before the lift. Would some one mind taking a picture of a stock one or a simular kit either the 2 inch or the 4 inch like I was supposed to get?

Originally Posted by OlegFl
check the part numbers on all springs.... check the lift vendor site and compare...
I don't mean to sound like one of "those" people, but how would I get the correct code? I pulled the tag off the rear coil just now.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://4wheelonline.com/jeep/Categor...tegoryId=62974

Check out this link, there is a Procomp stage 1 lift with 4in frt springs and 2in billet aluminum pucks for the rear, thats probably what you got.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

I wouldn't, but it is billed as a 4in kit. That's why I was saying don't go off on the shop before you know everything about the kit.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I believe that is what I may have gotten. That is not what I ordered, They said 4 coils total. I'll see what I can do after work tomorrow. This doesn't make me very happy at all.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

These are pics of a TF 2.5in puck and where it goes, do you have something similar to this but billet aluminum?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06367.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	25674   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06370.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	25675  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
These are pics of a TF 2.5in puck and where it goes, do you have something similar to this but billet aluminum?
Yep, that is almost exactly what I have. Receit shows it witht the 4" in front and the 2" in back. That pisses me off, I told them a 4 inch lift they gave me a 4" and a 2".

If you ordered 4 35" tires and they gave you 2 35's and 2 33's that would be same deal. I'm going in after work tomorrow with a group of friends and some family to see what I can make happen with a large group of angry people. I'm going to try to make them replace it out of their pocket. I'm not paying for something they should have done in the first place. this is bull .

Well, If I'm not in jail tomorrow. I'll update with how it goes. Thanks for all of the help thus far.

I tried to edit down post for delicate ears, lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dang, that sucks man. I see you are in Norman...I know the area I went to OU (class of '04) .... where did you take it??
Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VAMP1RE
Yep, that is almost exactly what I have. Receit shows it witht the 4" in front and the 2" in back. That pisses me off, I told them a 4 inch lift they gave me a 4" and a 2".

I tried to edit down post for delicate ears, lol.
Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, they are in the right. Going in there pissed off isn't going to do anything constructive. You bought and paid for that particular lift. They can say you had the receipt and you got what you paid for. It may be better to see how much the lift with the coils costs and see if they can help you re-install the higher priced lift that you thought you ordered and offset the cost of the new lift and re-install.

I know that you are upset about having a Jeep that is sitting uneven, but you have no claim as far as the shop is concerned. Hope you have the best of luck resolving your issue.

Last edited by armycop; 06-17-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by armycop
Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, they are in the right. Going in there pissed off isn't going to do anything constructive. You bought and paid for that particular lift. They can say you had the receipt and you got what you paid for. It may be better to see how much the lift with the coils costs and see if they can help you re-install the higher priced lift that you thought you ordered and offset the cost of the new lift and re-install.

I know that you are upset about having a Jeep that is sitting uneven, but you have no claim as far as the shop is concerned. Hope you have the best of luck resolving your issue.
X2 on what armycop is saying. Go in and ask about getting the coils instead of the pucks and do it nice and level headed. That lift is billed as a 4in lift so.....
Try and see what they can work out for you with getting the rear coils. Now if your reciept shows you were supposed to get the 4 coil kit and not the coil/spacer. Still stay level headed till they give you shit. I was level headed for 3mos without my jk, got a brand new shiney T-case outta it. Still have a noise though, dammit! Just not as bad.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Also, for your info, I was pissed over my situation, stated it on here, guys on here saved me some jail time. Just tryin to pass it on.

Quick Reply: Is this normal?