Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this normal?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That lift looks like 4in in the frt and 2in in the rear. Your rear is setting like mine did with a 2in BB.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
That lift looks like 4in in the frt and 2in in the rear. Your rear is setting like mine did with a 2in BB.
Any way to tell the difference without tearing it apart?

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
I think it looks great - but if pic has it loaded with tires and wheels then ... What?
Here's pics without the rear weight but with a bad camera. Also my dog had to get in the picture.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude that still doesn't look very level. Take some measurements from the floor up to the fenders at the middle of the wheel on both the front and back and post them here.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check to see if they took out the factory spring isolator on the rear springs. Some lifts like the TF 3" says you can take them out when putting in the lift. Or you can add them to the spring spacer/guide if you add a full size spare tire or if any other reason you want to slightly raise the back of the vehicle.........but I would check to see if they left that out. If its not there then I would go back to them and tell them to find your stock isolators and put them back in. That should level it if it is missing.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d0wnShifT
Dude that still doesn't look very level. Take some measurements from the floor up to the fenders at the middle of the wheel on both the front and back and post them here.
39" in the back, 41" in the front.

Originally Posted by kd5zwf
Check to see if they took out the factory spring isolator on the rear springs. Some lifts like the TF 3" says you can take them out when putting in the lift. Or you can add them to the spring spacer/guide if you add a full size spare tire or if any other reason you want to slightly raise the back of the vehicle.........but I would check to see if they left that out. If its not there then I would go back to them and tell them to find your stock isolators and put them back in. That should level it if it is missing.
What does a stock spring isolater look like? Sorry, but I didn't do the work so I'm a little un educated on this.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Stock spring isolator is only good for about 1/4 in with the weight on it. They're very squishy. If the factory isolator was out, I would think he'd be able to hear the metal on metal contact of the spring against the upper perch. I don't know if this is the 4x2in lift I've read about by some manufacturer. 4in springs in frt, 2in pucks in rear, but it sure looks like it. Did they change your rear springs or is there a 2in rubber puck on top?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Here is mine on 35's with a RE 2in BB and a 1in bl. The frt spacer for the BB was 2.5in and the rear 1.75in . I know it has a 1in bl on it but take off the 1in for the body lift and the rear sits similar to yours, or just split the difference or something.
Click image for larger version

Name:	167_6720.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	25672
Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks about like how mine sits now.

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Stock spring isolator is only good for about 1/4 in with the weight on it. They're very squishy. If the factory isolator was out, I would think he'd be able to hear the metal on metal contact of the spring against the upper perch. I don't know if this is the 4x2in lift I've read about by some manufacturer. 4in springs in frt, 2in pucks in rear, but it sure looks like it. Did they change your rear springs or is there a 2in rubber puck on top?
I only got 2 springs back, so maybe they just put a 2 inch on. I'll go up there tomorrow and make a big scene until they fix it. But hopefully the guy can hold his temper, he's likew 4 times my size.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Crawl under your jk with a flashlight, check for rubber pucks on the top of the rear coils.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Your frt is high, that's your 4in springs. The kit they put on may be just that . New springs in frt, pucks in the rear. That explains why you only got 2 springs back. Don't go off on em right away if that's the kit you requested. But if they told you that the kit came with all new springs, that's a different story. Did you buy the kit from them or somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Is this normal?