Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this normal?

Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal?

Hello everyone. I am a new jeep JK owner. So forgive my noobness. I am experiencing a shimmy and clunkiness in my steering and have researched all threads. I can find nothing wrong, however I am not sure if this is normal. Below should be a video (hope it works). I really appreciate all and any help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXZnPfg0QI&feature=vmdshb
Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

In my JK the tie rod is similar, but I looked your wheels and no are the stock wheels, but your steering stabilizer is horrible for aftermarket wheels
Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Teetertotter
Hello everyone. I am a new jeep JK owner. So forgive my noobness. I am experiencing a shimmy and clunkiness in my steering and have researched all threads. I can find nothing wrong, however I am not sure if this is normal. Below should be a video (hope it works). I really appreciate all and any help.
if your talking about being able to rotate the tie rods, yes thats normal
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

mine wiggles like that as well but not as severely...I would check that the stabilizer is tight and consider upgrading to a new unit...even though mine moves as well it has no clunkiness or anything else it drives and steers great so check all of your torque settings and go from there! Good luck!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you everyone. I cannot find anything wrong with bushings or binding. So I am get a new steering stabilizer, probably gonna go with Skyjacker Single Steering Stabilizer 7003.

Last edited by Teetertotter; 08-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

tried to send you a message back to your question about the pictures but it says you are not allowing private messages...go to the settings spot at the top of the page and it will allow you to do this as long as the pics are downloaded onto your computer and allow you to recieve messages...I need to download my phone and camera again my pic is from over 2 years ago...lol..it looks nothing like my profile pic now!!! And WELCOME to the JEEP family and yes it will take over your life and you WILL be better for it!!!

Last edited by JK UNLIMITED; 08-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Got my pic working

Thanks, got it working.

Last edited by Teetertotter; 08-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sig

Hopefully this Sig works.

Quick Reply: Is this normal?