Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Non-rubi vs Rubi rear 44

Old 10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK GABY
With a X or Sahara D44(REAR) you can put a 35 splines cromos with an ARB locker This option is not available for D44 Rubicon.
That would definately be the strongest combo for a factory 44...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Moser Engineering actually lists 40 spline axles for the D44, but I cannot find a differential to accept them.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
Are you sure about the shaft diameter being the same? I thought the 32 spline shafts were larger. Here is a pic of a 32 spline Rubi shaft compared to a 30 spline TJ 44 shaft and the 32 spline shaft definately looks larger:

Another problem to keep in mind when considering swapping from a standard 44 shaft to a Rubi 44 shaft is length. The standard 44 uses equal length shafts and the Rubi doesn't, as verified by Piginajeep. THis could cause fitment issues when mixing and matching components.
your right, I forgot about the length difference.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renegade
Are you sure about the shaft diameter being the same? I thought the 32 spline shafts were larger. Here is a pic of a 32 spline Rubi shaft compared to a 30 spline TJ 44 shaft and the 32 spline shaft definately looks larger:

Another problem to keep in mind when considering swapping from a standard 44 shaft to a Rubi 44 shaft is length. The standard 44 uses equal length shafts and the Rubi doesn't, as verified by Piginajeep. THis could cause fitment issues when mixing and matching components.
I stand corrected sir. I was going by the axle seal part# being the same. You're absolutely right about not mixing the two. If you want stronger non Rubi shafts, right now I think you've gotta go through Superior.

Quick Reply: Non-rubi vs Rubi rear 44