Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Noisy soft top questions

Old 01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tattedfire
I have an 07 and it is noisy as all get out too. Should I call the dealer and talk to them about it and if they'll replace it or just take the jeep in?? Oh, and what do you guys mean by TSB? Also, anyone know the part number for the metal header? Thanks
TSB - Technical Service Bulletin
Header is Part # 68049276-AB
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Took my 08 in with 5 days left on the warranty for the TSB's, while there I mentioned the noisy roof and showed them some areas where it was unstitching.

End result = New soft top for me! This one has the metal channel and It is much quieter now. Forgot how quiet the jeep could be.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest the weather stripping foam trick cost me $5 and 45 mins of my time. I put the weather foam on both sides of the header, bottom and top, and the soft top has zero "wind noise" Almost as quiet as my hardtop only thing I hear more is vehicles beside me and tire noise.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
I suggest the weather stripping foam trick cost me $5 and 45 mins of my time. I put the weather foam on both sides of the header, bottom and top, and the soft top has zero "wind noise" Almost as quiet as my hardtop only thing I hear more is vehicles beside me and tire noise.
Any chance you have some photos of this?

Quick Reply: Noisy soft top questions