Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Noisy brake pedal after lifting

Old 06-16-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noisy brake pedal after lifting

Anyone else experience a lot more rattling with their brake pedal after lifting? Just put a 2.5 lift w/ 34's and my pedal rattles like hell on bumpy roads. If I put my foot behind it the rattle stops. Thought it was in my steering column, but finally figured out it was my pedal. Is there a fix for this or am I stuck with annoying rattling?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a result of moving your driveline.....it's simply impossible since you don't modify the brake pedal with the lift.

So to answer the question......no experience similar here even with lifts.

Sent from my DROID4
Old 06-16-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Lots of people have this problem. I know I do but it started before I lifted the jeep.

There's a thread about it somewhere here

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I found a couple threads, but no one had a solution. Just checking to see if someone figured out a way to quiet it down at least. It's like it needs to be tightened. If that makes sense. I mean it rattled before, but definitely not like now.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jbry311
Yeah I found a couple threads, but no one had a solution. Just checking to see if someone figured out a way to quiet it down at least. It's like it needs to be tightened. If that makes sense. I mean it rattled before, but definitely not like now.
Ya, the last i remember, a guy was going to try and fix it then post if it worked. But I lost the thread. It really is a pain in the behind when wheeling.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine rattled from day 1 on the soft suspension, and I think with the firmer suspension and lift I just notice it more so that may be why your noticing more now, looked but don't know how to fix it, and yes it annoys me too!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guess I'll just deal with it until someone finds a solution. Pretty ridiculous though considering the price we pay for these.

Quick Reply: Noisy brake pedal after lifting