Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Noise level with 50" bar and Brackets

Old 01-04-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise level with 50" bar and Brackets

I will be purchasing a lightbar soon and was wondering what brackets people paired their 50" lightbar with and how the noise level is? I hear a lot about it making extremely annoying and loud noises, then I hear about some lightbar and bracket pairing that gives really little noise. If anyone can pitch in their experience, that'll be great!

& at the moment, my eye is on a 50" Lightbar from Amazon paired with Rough Country Brackets.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a 50" light and bracket from ebay,2 door soft top I was getting 92db on my meter LOUD! Got rid of it. I was wondering if the curve light is as bad, any one have one?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to purchase the KC 50" that comes with brackets but still too expensive. I was wondering if the noise is loud with that one??? The last post about the rough country light bars on sale were very interesting.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Light bar noise

For me, there were two kinds of noise. There was a whistle and wind noise. The whistle is pretty easy to fix. A few pieces of door edging from your local Pep Boys or Autozone will fix that for cheap. The wind noise is no getting over from what I can tell. I have tried angling it up or down, still get it. Some people don't. It may have something do do with the hood or how wind flows over the windshield. I'm running the 10a hood. It may be different than the stock hood.

But, it throws light like nobody's business. Love the light output. Am willing to put up with a little wind noise for crazy bright light.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wightmn
For me, there were two kinds of noise. There was a whistle and wind noise. The whistle is pretty easy to fix. A few pieces of door edging from your local Pep Boys or Autozone will fix that for cheap. The wind noise is no getting over from what I can tell. I have tried angling it up or down, still get it. Some people don't. It may have something do do with the hood or how wind flows over the windshield. I'm running the 10a hood. It may be different than the stock hood.

But, it throws light like nobody's business. Love the light output. Am willing to put up with a little wind noise for crazy bright light.

What light and bracket setup do you have?

Quick Reply: Noise level with 50" bar and Brackets