Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NOICO Sound Deadening/Dampening

Old 01-01-2016, 02:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzbullseye
Clearly, I've made a horrible mistake. I'll be setting my jeep ablaze later today to collect the insurance money.
I wasn't knocking your choice, just telling my experience with butyl tape type products, and concuring with invest because if it ever needs to come up, its gonna be a BITCH to get off.

I don't blame you for doing it, and the likely hood of it ever needing to come off is nill.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ripa777
I did the same to my jeep and put a layer of dynaliner on top of that. Dynaliner to inside of my door panels too but I couldn't access the door skins... If u figure that out pls advise cuz id love to do my door skins. Thx
I took a quick gander behind the door panel yesterday, and at first blush, the process to apply the product in this location would appear to be a bit involved. The carrier plate would have to come off and you'd have to work around the window regulator and various components - or remove them. Not impossible to do, but more than I want to mess with at this point.

Originally Posted by Trevo
I wasn't knocking your choice, just telling my experience with butyl tape type products, and concuring with invest because if it ever needs to come up, its gonna be a BITCH to get off.

I don't blame you for doing it, and the likely hood of it ever needing to come off is nill.
No worries. I don't think there's a reason for me to ever remove, but if I had to, I'm sure your assessment is accurate.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzbullseye
I took a quick gander behind the door panel yesterday, and at first blush, the process to apply the product in this location would appear to be a bit involved. The carrier plate would have to come off and you'd have to work around the window regulator and various components - or remove them. Not impossible to do, but more than I want to mess with at this point. No worries. I don't think there's a reason for me to ever remove, but if I had to, I'm sure your assessment is accurate.
Yes. When I dynalined my door panels I removed that plastic panel that houses window regulator. But don't know the trick to getting that out cuz there's not enough give to reach behind it to line doorskin ... So it must come out. There has to b an easy trick to removing this and accessing inner door skin. My audio installer did it to his JK and said it greatly reduced road noise. Guess I will swing by the shop and ask him the install trick.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Yes. When I dynalined my door panels I removed that plastic panel that houses window regulator. But don't know the trick to getting that out cuz there's not enough give to reach behind it to line doorskin ... So it must come out. There has to b an easy trick to removing this and accessing inner door skin. My audio installer did it to his JK and said it greatly reduced road noise. Guess I will swing by the shop and ask him the install trick.
Check out this video I found on YouTube. The only thing it doesn't show specifically is how to disengage the glass from the tray at the bottom of the regulator. I assume there's a way to pop the tab(s) loose when the window/regulator tray is at the top of the run. Aside from that it shows the rest of the process fairly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGI8UWG8s0

Quick Reply: NOICO Sound Deadening/Dampening