Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No Lift with 37s... Anybody try this?

Old 10-06-2016, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is annoying.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ_
It shows that you'er wrong to say anyone who does a low cog build will have issues with uptravel . It's a low cog build, has the rock krawler stretch kit with 2.5 lift and has what appear to be 37s. Didn't hear any really bad rubbing noise and saw some pretty good flex.
It's not about up travel or rubbing. If you drive slow, or on smooth roads up travel is not a big deal and bump stops take care of rubbing.
It's about belly clearance, rocker clearance, bumper clearance... For those of us that also drive our rigs, then yes, up travel does become a nice thing when cruising bad roads/washes/moderate trails to get to the hard trails.
Like I said, I've been there, on a moderate budget LCoG is not all it's cracked up to be.
LCoG done right is awesome, but $$$ to do right... thus seldom done.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike H.
I like that guys videos... kinda goofy but I like them just the same.

As mentioned above, gnarly_mike... search out his thread, starts off poorly but as you filter through the garbage there is good information in it.

Keep us updated with your progress.
Having said all that, LCG is much more than simply running a small lift, and that often gets over looked. Having done the LCG thing in the past, I went straight to 3.5" lift for this rig. Simply do not have the funds to do LCG correctly, and LCG done half way is not as effective as a taller rig. LCG done correctly requires belly-up, gas tank relocation, frame modifications, shock mount modifications and you still need to address all the things associated with the larger tires (steering, axle reinforcing etc)... big $$$.
To each their own, but there is My .02
I had a tummy tuck/belly up on my TJ... not that big of a job. But on my JK, looks to be a ton of work. I'd like to do this because of the wonders it did for my TJ. Looks very in depth.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. I looked into it... ended up with 3.5" lift and everything to make it go down the road right and am many $ aheady of the belly up alternative.
I did a belly up on my XJ, that too was easy and made sense... JK however, too rich for me.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LCOG was a bad experiment which never delivered. I thought the idea had died but like a virus it is lingering on.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
LCOG was a bad experiment which never delivered. I thought the idea had died but like a virus it is lingering on.
There's a difference in LCOG and being cheap. The cheap part is what's hanging on. There are a few people who properly run larger tires with very little 'lift' but it's because they've tweaked the position of everything under the body. The epidemic we're seeing is just cheap people as is proof by "how big of a tire can I fit with no lift" threads daily and "how long will 37's last on my Dana 30 with 3.21 gears and shiny Sahara flares".

People- lift it or prepare to go completely custom and move your suspension links up, your tcase up, "adjust/ tweak" the body for the mods, and notch the frame to allow for compression on your suspension without ridiculous bumpstops or ridiculous rubbing if the show queen actually gets onto a trail.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run 1.5" of lift with 315X70X17 Flat shiftybilt fenders all around. Armored underneath, rancho rs9000xls for 2" of lift / air lockers front and rear. d 30 up front. i go where I want.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwVwSkbhaU&feature=youtube_gdata_player Here is one of my favorites.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula
lol.... That guy is not stock. He's got at least new springs and shocks.... Unless stock JK's are coming with Pro-comp Shocks and stinger bumpers. I'm pretty sure he had to trim the fenders and pinch seams.

You know what I'm stock too I have a stock engine and T case.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
lol.... That guy is not stock. He's got at least new springs and shocks.... Unless stock JK's are coming with Pro-comp Shocks and stinger bumpers. I'm pretty sure he had to trim the fenders and pinch seams.

You know what I'm stock too I have a stock engine and T case.
I could be wrong, but I believe he had 4 door springs on there at one time.

Quick Reply: No Lift with 37s... Anybody try this?