Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No horn.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No horn.

Little info about the jeep. 07 jku with a mild lift and 35's no electrical upgardes. For the past year or so now I have not had a horn. Just the other week the horn went when attempting to lock the doors. I replaced my clockspring and still nothing. All fuses are good. Any one else have any guesses?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dave810
Little info about the jeep. 07 jku with a mild lift and 35's no electrical upgardes. For the past year or so now I have not had a horn. Just the other week the horn went when attempting to lock the doors. I replaced my clockspring and still nothing. All fuses are good. Any one else have any guesses?
Have you check the connection voltage for power reaching the horn?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

I would check the connection at the horn for corrosion, and make sure its all the way one, and might as well check for voltage at that time.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

If you find no voltage at the horn connector...

Have someone press the horn button while you listen carefully at the fuse box (TIPM) for the faint clicking of the horn relay, which is buried inside the TIPM on a printed circuit board. It's very faint, so make sure there is as little ambient noise as possible.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got undercoating in mine. It comes and goes. There's also an adjustment screw on the horn itself. Maybe it came loose.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get clicking at the tipm when using the key fob but not the horn itself. I triple checked the fuses and all look good, I changed out the fuses at m 22 and m23 just for shits and giggles. When I changed the clockspring, my airbag light and blinkers no longer act up. Any chance it's as simple as a bad horn?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by dave810
I get clicking at the tipm when using the key fob but not the horn itself. I triple checked the fuses and all look good, I changed out the fuses at m 22 and m23 just for shits and giggles. When I changed the clockspring, my airbag light and blinkers no longer act up. Any chance it's as simple as a bad horn?
If you do not hear the faint clicking of the horn relay when the horn button is pressed, the problem is somewhere between the horn button to the TIPM.

Have you checked for power at the horn connector when the horn button is pressed?
Have you connected the horn directly to the battery to see if it works?

Last edited by ronjenx; 09-07-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: No horn.