Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

No Hardware or Door Surrpunds. What is the best top?

Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Hardware or Door Surrpunds. What is the best top?

I am wanting to take the hardtop off my 08 JKU this summer. I do not have the soft top hardware or door surrounds. I am looking for a good top that will not only protect from the sun but cut down on the wind/rain from coming in on my kids if they are in the Jeep. I am not looking to buy the hardware either. I was considering the Quadratec bimi top/windjammer/tonno cover combo they have right now. Are there any other suggestions. I am new to all of the whole "Jeep World". Thank you for your help. I also know the best way to go in the summer is Topless but I don't want to go Topless all the time with the kids in the car. They are still too little for that.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:28 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RobSta22
I am wanting to take the hardtop off my 08 JKU this summer. I do not have the soft top hardware or door surrounds. I am looking for a good top that will not only protect from the sun but cut down on the wind/rain from coming in on my kids if they are in the Jeep. I am not looking to buy the hardware either. I was considering the Quadratec bimi top/windjammer/tonno cover combo they have right now. Are there any other suggestions. I am new to all of the whole "Jeep World". Thank you for your help. I also know the best way to go in the summer is Topless but I don't want to go Topless all the time with the kids in the car. They are still too little for that.
A Bestop NX comes with top and hardware at a lower cost than a traditional soft top. The Bestop NX is a frameless top that wraps around the sport cage and has removable windows.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman

A Bestop NX comes with top and hardware at a lower cost than a traditional soft top. The Bestop NX is a frameless top that wraps around the sport cage and has removable windows.
I have the Rampage frameless but you will need door surrounds! I use it year round.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Can you use the bestop door surrounds from the super top nx for the rampage top?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by planman
What planman said.

I have this Trektop NX and love it. Comes with everything needed for installation.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toad44
Can you use the bestop door surrounds from the super top nx for the rampage top?
I would think so, I had to modify the factory ones slightly along the top.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default No Hardware or Door Surrpunds. What is the best top?

I love the trektop NX on my JKU. Don't get scared by some of the reviews, I almost didn't get it because of some things I've read but I am so glad I did. Comes with everything you need. Incredibly quiet and I've been in some downpours, sitting still or 70+ highway and no leaks. The sunrider is awesome and easy, and you can take the windows off to make it a bikini top
Old 02-19-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Trektop NX

I replaced my OEM top with a Trektop NX - what a world of difference! Easy installation (just takes time and patience - and letting the fabric warm up on a warm~hot day will help immensely). Directions were straightforward and although I had a buddy help me to make it easier and pass the time - I could have done it myself. It doesn't leak, doesn't whistle, it doesn't pool water on top and it is so much quieter... I love mine and I only wish I had put one on sooner.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

There's an installation video bestop put out on YouTube too. Gives some helpful hints to make it even easier

Quick Reply: No Hardware or Door Surrpunds. What is the best top?