Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nittos or Generals?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
Are those 35s you're running?
Their website says 34.6" Close enough for me.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by f2fast4u

Their website says 34.6" Close enough for me.
Have you done a measurement yourself?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default update...time is ticking

So the Generals are out of the question..... now its a battle between Nittos, and MTRs. Im leaning more towards the MTRs C rated tire vs the E rated Nitto, just because of the weight and my 3.21 gears are going to need all the help they can get until re gear. But I know how the Nittos perform and look. decisions decisions.......
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
So the Generals are out of the question..... now its a battle between Nittos, and MTRs. Im leaning more towards the MTRs C rated tire vs the E rated Nitto, just because of the weight and my 3.21 gears are going to need all the help they can get until re gear. But I know how the Nittos perform and look. decisions decisions.......
Ran 35x12.50R17 mtrk's for a few weeks with 3.21s. They are load C. Wasn't awful as long as it was just me and no gear. The tire itself is absolutely amazing, tons of traction on everything I have encountered so far and unlike the nittos, they are super quiet on the road for an MT
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00180.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	207930

I love my Trail Grapplers. Took the Jeep out for the first time since the build was done and they did great on the rocks and in the mud. I would recommend them and plan on going with them again when these where out By the way these are 37's and measure at 36" exactly on the Jeep. A little disappointed but still happy with the performance.

Quick Reply: Nittos or Generals?