Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow

Old 04-13-2010, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got these tires and love them! They are very quite on the street and highway compared to BFG & Toyos MTs
Old 04-14-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffins
It doesn't say on their site, but are these tires m+s rated?

Also, what size are you guys running? I'm looking at 35s but wondering if E rated will be too stiff. Also, are these lighter than the toyo open country mts? Can't imagine they're heavier.

A clarification:

The M&S rating is meaningless, the current rating is based upon if the tire is allowed to use the snowflake symbol on its sidewall.

The M&S rating was allowed to be used at the discretion of the tire maker, the snowflake requires the tire to pass actual TESTING in winter conditions.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

I got them in 35" and can't say enough good things about them. Was recommended to me from Discount Tire when I was told there would be a long wait for MTRs. I got them after most of the snow here was already gone though, so couldn't tell you how well they would handle there.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can anyone comment on how they do in packed snow or ice compared to the stock tires?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

had the Terras on my Hemi Dodge and it was a monster in the snow last winter (which was a good one for us). they cleaned well and stuck to the road in all kinds of stuff.

i'm looking forward to trying out the Muds this winter on the JK. other than that i've been looking at the Trails for my project CJ.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Just got a set of 37 X 13.5 X 18 Mud Grapplers, and their awsome. They balanced fine with the largest weight being 2.1oz. on stock wheels. Not loud until 50 MPH or so (at 25psi.). Cant wait for the snow to hit the Mid-West.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know how they compare to Durataks in the snow??

Quick Reply: Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow