Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow

Old 12-10-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow

So I finally got to see how these baby's did in the snow!!! And I have to say I've had them for about 4-5 months and have nothing but great things to say about them!! The dominate in the snow!! I love my jeep!!! So if anyone is debating on them I say without a question!!! Happy holidays too all!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of snow conditions: deep, packed, slushy?

Off or on road?

What speed?

Give us some more info.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by jmow01
So I finally got to see how these baby's did in the snow!!! And I have to say I've had them for about 4-5 months and have nothing but great things to say about them!! The dominate in the snow!! I love my jeep!!! So if anyone is debating on them I say without a question!!! Happy holidays too all!!!!
We took the ADVENTURER out into some snow with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers aswell. They worked great. Thats great you like them.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

How do they do on road? Are they loud?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmow01
And I have to say I've had them for about 4-5 months and have nothing but great things to say about them!!
Do you work for Nitto and get a set early? They weren't released until September.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow

I don't work for nitto... I wish!! I got them the day they came out... They are not loud at all compared others... I think they ride just like a normal tire at 20mph and above... Slow driving you can feel them pretty good.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Nitto Mud Grappler on both of my jeeps and have to say I out climb everyone in our group in the snow. The tread design actually throws the snow out of the tread where the other brands load up with snow and become bald slicks.

Mud is the same way. With the rock crawling I can drop them down to 8 psi and not cut the 15mm thick sidewalls.

I love my tires!

Chido
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been looking at these as my old MTR's are ready to be replaced soon. Saw them on the EVO jeep in Moab and they look great. I wanted to know how they did in the snow as I spend quite a few months driving in it. I owned some Terra Grapplers on a TJ and on the road they were amazing, but found the trail and snow to be a little lacking (what I would expect from an AT tire). Would you say the compound is closer to the BFG's or the MTR's? I love the MTR's but man those things can cup out if you don't rotate them every 3-5K.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

I run Nitto Terra Grapplers and it doesn't matter if its fresh pack or ice, they always seem to get it done! Super happy with them
Old 04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

How are they holding up? I have a friend that has them on his truck, and they drive great, but he doesn't put enough miles on them to see how they hold up.

Quick Reply: Nitto Trail Grapplers in the snow