Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto tires

Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never ran them, but I've heard 25,000-35,000?? Quick google / forum search should get you better answers

Edit: I've heard some say that low, but seems as tho some have gotten more

Last edited by kh202; 06-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 295/70/17 Trail Grappler's with 30K on them and tons of tread left. I almost wish they would wear faster so I can step up.

I have about a 70 mile round trip daily run on the highway to get to work so they see the road a lot.

Mine are wearing great, I love them. They are awesome offroad too!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run both mud grapplers and trail grapplers. I ran the trail grapplers in a 35 on my jeep and they were the best all around tire I have ever run. I now run them on my f150 in a 34". They are a little loud on the freeway but preform well on all kinds of terrain. I will only run mud grapplers on my jeep. They are absolutely amazing off road but are horribly loud on the highway. They hold up a lot better on the rocks and don't chunk up on the rocks like the trail grapplers do. I would expect at least 35k on a set of trail grapplers but more like 20-25k on mud grapplers. If you wheel your rig a ton only 15k out of MUDs. For a daily driver the trail grappler is it!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

I run trail grapplers and they grip great and on road they are quite and tread doesn't wear fast
Old 06-08-2013, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

I daily drive mine with 37 mud grapplers. Have 25k on these and can easily get 10k more.
Buddy of mine got 40k outta his. But hey where pretty close to slick.
Awesome tire in the mud and rocks.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 AM
JK Freak

i run the Grappler and they are great on/off road. Not as noisy as a mud tire and have good wet traction.

But, they are heavy. You can feel the difference in power. With 4.10's and above you will be fine in larger sizes; 35's.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
I daily drive mine with 37 mud grapplers. Have 25k on these and can easily get 10k more.
Buddy of mine got 40k outta his. But hey where pretty close to slick.
Awesome tire in the mud and rocks.
Mud grapplers are available in both load range d and e. my first set of 37s were range e and would have probably come close to 30k. My 40s are load range d and I will be luck to get 20k out of them. There are a ton of factors that go into tire life so every one will tell you a different number. Heck you might be able to get 40k on them with just street driving but I leave a lot of rubber on the trail so I may not be the best person to get info on tire life from!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the input.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Mud grapplers are available in both load range d and e. my first set of 37s were range e and would have probably come close to 30k. My 40s are load range d and I will be luck to get 20k out of them. There are a ton of factors that go into tire life so every one will tell you a different number. Heck you might be able to get 40k on them with just street driving but I leave a lot of rubber on the trail so I may not be the best person to get info on tire life from!
I also found out today that some are made in china and some are made in USA.
( It will say on the sidewall.)
3 of us were talking about our grapplers at a jeep show today and the guy who's tires were from china said they didn't hook up like his last pair ( which were from the usa) and were wearing really fast compared to his last set.
Could be factor also, maybe, maybe not. Just something to wonder.

Quick Reply: Nitto tires