Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Old 08-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rprinza
Attachment 654498

Just had my 35x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on Thursday
They look great! What are your first impressions with them?
Old 08-15-2016, 06:59 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rprinza
Attachment 654498

Just had my 35x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on Thursday
Looking good, rprinza! Let us know how they perform as you continued clocking miles
Old 08-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mel Wade tried out a new set of Nitto 37x12.50R17 Ridge Grapplers at JKX Alaska and was impressed. This write-up should give you a good idea of the experience: http://www.drivingline.com/articles/...of-jkx-alaska/

Old 08-16-2016, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
They look great! What are your first impressions with them?
I really Ike the look of them. They make very little noise and handle pretty good on wet and dry roads.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
My next tire when my 37 Toyo MT bite the dust. Problem is... These guys are long wearing bullet proof mud tires!!
I had those....be careful...because even after 2 years I never could keep them balanced....was so bad I thought I had death wobble for 6 months....switched out tires to gladiators....problem solved. Afterwards I read that a lot of others had same problem. Just my experience though.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeverStock
I had those....be careful...because even after 2 years I never could keep them balanced....was so bad I thought I had death wobble for 6 months....switched out tires to gladiators....problem solved. Afterwards I read that a lot of others had same problem. Just my experience though.
The ridge grappler is a brand new tire so I assume you mean the Toyo MT. And in 6 years this might be the first time I've read a comment about the Toyo MT about balancing issues. I've ran them in 35s,37s, and 40s. Each time amazed at how well they balance and drive on the street. Even had shops tell me it's the "easiest big tire" they ever balance. Little as 1 to 2 ounces. Maybe you didn't take proper care of them? How would anyone know. Maybe you got a defective set and it took 2 years to show itself? Anyone's guess I suppose. As far as balancing over sized tires, there is enough info out there that both Toyo and Nitto make some of the best well rounded tires that balance easy

Note this doesn't mean either company can't make a bad batch, any company can. And it doesn't mean other tires aren't great either. I'm only speaking on a large margin of reviews, experience, others in my area, that you have a really high chance of a good experience buying Nitto or Toyo compared to some other brands
Old 08-23-2016, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Default Toyo MT's

Originally Posted by NeverStock
Funny; these have been the easiest to balance and I've never had death wobble despite major trips to Moab, Telluride, and 35,000 miles on them. I had death eobble with Goodyear MTR's but it was most likely attributed to worn out ball joints and tres on my drag link and track bar.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by twinz33
The ridge grappler is a brand new tire so I assume you mean the Toyo MT. And in 6 years this might be the first time I've read a comment about the Toyo MT about balancing issues. I've ran them in 35s,37s, and 40s. Each time amazed at how well they balance and drive on the street. Even had shops tell me it's the "easiest big tire" they ever balance. Little as 1 to 2 ounces. Maybe you didn't take proper care of them? How would anyone know. Maybe you got a defective set and it took 2 years to show itself? Anyone's guess I suppose. As far as balancing over sized tires, there is enough info out there that both Toyo and Nitto make some of the best well rounded tires that balance easy

Note this doesn't mean either company can't make a bad batch, any company can. And it doesn't mean other tires aren't great either. I'm only speaking on a large margin of reviews, experience, others in my area, that you have a really high chance of a good experience buying Nitto or Toyo compared to some other brands
Totally agree! I've never heard anything negative on the Toyo MT's other than weight.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3083923558.jpg
Views:	3831
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	655213

Had these Cooper STT Pro's installed yesterday LT315/70R17 😜
Old 09-04-2016, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

any idea when the 2857517 c load rated tires will be available?

Quick Reply: Nitto Ridge Grapplers