Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Ridge Grappler Review

Old 04-29-2017, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there a bit louder then the ko2s I have on my Silverado but still not so loud as to be tiresome
Originally Posted by Skippman
How do these compare to say a KO2 or DuraTrac for road noise?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im thinking about picking these up for my Dodge 2500. How are these compared to the Trail Grapplers in the snow?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

ive got a winter on mine and where I live we have WINTER. Ill say this there 10 times better then the bfg mt that came on it. Ill don't have any experience with train grabbers but have bfg ats on my tj and my sliverado has the newer ko2s. In the deep snow or snow covered roads there every bit as good as the bfgs. On ice I think the bfgs are a bit better. Heres my take on it. My Silverado doesn't get much off road use and I think id prefer the ko2s that are on it for the street. I think there slightly better in the winter and a bit quieter. For the jeep I'm glad I went with the Ridge grappler. There just a more aggressive tire. Still good in the winter and still on the quiet side for even AT tires that aren't near as aggressive
Old 04-30-2017, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skullcandy33
We will be moving to the Elizabeth City area near the end of July and will be looking to Ride with any Jeep groups in the area.
Look up Carolina Trail Stalkers in Jacksonville. There are folks all over your general area in the club. Look them up on FB.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Comparison to Toyo RT

[QUOTE=scooby snacks;4252943]FYI... Nitto Ridge Grapplers vs. Toyo Open Country RTs:

Both are good tires. I consider them both to be a hybrid (cross between All

This might be a few months old at this point, but how would you compare the Ridge Grapplers and the Toyo RT? Which performs better in regards to:
  • Road Noise?
  • Ride Comfort?
  • Tread Wear?
  • Overall Offroad?

Just trying to decide between the two for my F250 here in Texas. I've heard great things about both, but no direct comparisons yet.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Im thinking about picking these up for my Dodge 2500. How are these compared to the Trail Grapplers in the snow?
I am running these on my F350 as they are the a 35" tire with a 10ply Load range F rating as this is my tow vehicle/daily driver. They were fantastic this winter in the snow and have great road manners, Low noise and smooth. They took very little weight to balance. These will be next on both of the jeeps. 37 on my daughters and 35 on my wife's.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those of you running the Ridge Grapplers in Load E how do they ride? Are they real stiff? I am going from 285 Load C to 305 in Load E and want to know if there will be a big difference in ride.

Quick Reply: Nitto Ridge Grappler Review