Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto mud grapplers

Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto mud grapplers

Slightly considering getting these tires in 33s. If you have mud grapplers please tell me about them. Is the noise really that bad? And they look like very heavy tires. Big drop in mpg? But most importantly.. PERFORMANCE
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My only complaint is how loud they are on the way to and from work, but I just turn up the radio
Other than that I'm happy with them. Do great offroad and I didn't have any issues with them over the winter (central Indiana).
Can't really say about mpg because I did a gear change at the same time and didnt get a fair comparison.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having run Mickey Thompson Baja Radial Claws and Nitto Mud Grapplers, and Goodyear MT/R Kevlars in 35/12.50/17, and currently on Goodyear MT/R Kevlars in 37/12.50/17, the Nittos are the best performing tire I've had, had the best tread life, and even with the noise, is still my favorite tire. My next set will be another set of Mud Grapplers. They are loud on the highway, but I was still able to use the uconnect bluetooth with the soft top. It was ugh quieter with the hardtop. With the top down and doors off, it was very loud, but it sounded awesome and I could deal with it.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running 33 inch mud grapplers and love them. They are loud but not that bad. I love the sound they make. If you want quiet don't get these tires.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I am on my second set of these tires had 33's and now have 35's. Got used to the noise and I have to say they are not as loud when they are brand new and they wear great.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dewald
I'm running 33 inch mud grapplers and love them. They are loud but not that bad. I love the sound they make. If you want quiet don't get these tires.
I no a lot of people don't care, but with the 33s how's the mpg? And you didn't refer did you?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

I meant regear*
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

im also thinking about getting these in 33s. I had 35s on my old truck, def a loud tire but an awesome sound!! i miss them enough to buy them again. maybe someone who already has these in 33s can post some pictures!!

thanks!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

I love the looks, and the performance is good. They are too loud for my tastes. I'll look for the trail grapplers, Toyo m/t, or fierce attitude m/t.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orange Krush

I no a lot of people don't care, but with the 33s how's the mpg? And you didn't refer did you?
The tires are a lot heavier so the mpg drops. Power drops a lot to. I'm looking into a chip to try and get the power back.

Quick Reply: Nitto mud grapplers