Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

nitto mud grapplers

Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitto mud grapplers

Hi I'm looking into buying my first set and wanted to get opinions on how the nitro mud grapplers wear down, most people say the bfgs wear down like iron but I haven't heard much on these. Thanks For any info
Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eptx_jk
Hi I'm looking into buying my first set and wanted to get opinions on how the nitro mud grapplers wear down, most people say the bfgs wear down like iron but I haven't heard much on these. Thanks For any info
It's one or the other, Some people love em and some hate em. I'm going to buy these tires some time next year. I've heard they get about 40,000 miles or so before they are trashed. Also heard there's ALOT of noise(personally I like the noise) so turn up the radio. Just don't expect much life out of the nittos.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks I'm digging the aggressive tread pattern and wouldn't mind the noise either just want to make sure I don't have to replace to quick. Thanks again for the input
Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by eptx_jk
They are loud and wear faster than many tires due to soft rubber compound. They look good though. There are better tires for the money imo
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems around Tennessee everybody has them.. But like everybody else has said, they wear fast! Try looking at these tires.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Loud, but like you said turn the radio up haha

as far as wear, i bought mine in the spring of '10 and took them off for winter and put them back on this spring, i've put about 35000-40000kms on them. they have lost maybe 1/8th tread. and most of my driving is highway and gravel so, unless your doing burnouts (jk's dont do that haha) they will last you awhile
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StealthJk
Loud, but like you said turn the radio up haha

as far as wear, i bought mine in the spring of '10 and took them off for winter and put them back on this spring, i've put about 35000-40000kms on them. they have lost maybe 1/8th tread. and most of my driving is highway and gravel so, unless your doing burnouts (jk's dont do that haha) they will last you awhile
Correct me if I'm wrong. By my math these tires are going to last about 175000 miles. That's pretty good
Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome great info guys, my jks a DD also so I wanted to find something that won't wear to fast and I can play with on the weekend. The fierce tires look good too
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loud is a given, my current IROKS don't make as much noise. My biggest issue is the limited load rating for the larger wheel and tire combo. 35s on 17" wheels were only available in Load Range E. Just too stiff for a JK. They wore great, there was some chunking but I spend most of my time in the rocks.

I don't DD the JK anymore so I switched to the IROK Bias to help survive the rocks.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

After driving with mine I was surprised at how they were not as loud as I expected. No clue on wear since mine only have 2500 on them but as for sound, There are not too bad IMO.

Quick Reply: nitto mud grapplers