Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

nitto mud grappler - Update??

Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitto mud grappler - Update??

i've read the reviews. i know they hum, etc. But, now that ppl have had them for a while, how are they? i think BLKRUBI posted about them in another thread in April 07. How many miles on them now? how are they wearing? how much tread left? how many miles can i expect from a daily driver? 99% on road/hwy driving? i've heard everything from 10-15k up to 40k. so i turn to the members of this forum that have them and have had them for a couple thousand miles and put real miles on them for there experience and observations. anyone with over 20K miles and have good tread depth left?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

subscribed
Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have almost 25k on my Nitto's (Mud Grapplers). They're probably at half life now and I'm fully aware that the next 15k mile will probably go by fast (in terms of tread wear). Still, I expect them to get me approximately another 10 to 15k miles. My JK's a daily driver, but I offroad at least once a month for an entire weekend.

They do huuummmmmm... but no regrets here. + it's a good looking tire!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure I have more miles on mine than anyone else here on the forum so I'll speak up. I have had my 35x12.5x18" Nittos on since the end of April of 07. In that time I have put on roughly 20,000 miles. (I drive alot) I commute 75 miles each way to work, so most of my miles are freeway. I have not rotated them as quickly as I should have. 3 times. (Maybe twice) I run then consistantly at 26psi. Except for when I'm wheelin then they are at 14psi. They still hummmmmmmmmmmmm! Each time at rotation the front had some cupping in the middle at the points of the claws and going outward. The rears are always perfectly flat. I have some large chunks missing and some DEEP gouges from rocks. They are just over half way worn. im guessing I'll get 30,000 out of them Hopefully 35,000. I'm sure if I would have been better with the roration I would have gotten more.
Hope this helps.
[IMG][/IMG]
ps. I like to do Burn outs so that has taken off a few miles too!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by unlimitedone
I have almost 25k on my Nitto's (Mud Grapplers). They're probably at half life now and I'm fully aware that the next 15k mile will probably go by fast (in terms of tread wear). Still, I expect them to get me approximately another 10 to 15k miles. My JK's a daily driver, but I offroad at least once a month for an entire weekend.

They do huuummmmmm... but no regrets here. + it's a good looking tire!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I beat you clackey! I have 23750 miles on my JK. Approximately 500 miles were on the stocks. My driving has inlcuded several trips into San Franciso, Las Vegas, once into Phoenix, once into Salt Lake City and two trips into the Pacific Northwest (all the way into Vancouver BC).

I'll post pics of my tires and rig, just as soon as I can (I'm at work)!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by unlimitedone
I beat you clackey!
keep it up and I'll just delete your post!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

!!! !!!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys!! those are the responses and observations i was looking for.
that's an awesome pics clackey !! was that a silver JK only outing?? good to know the i can get some good milage outta those grapplers. that and they are as sweet looking tire.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkx0778
that's an awesome pics clackey !! was that a silver JK only outing??
Ha Ha. No there were alot more. It just so happened all the silvers ended up together on that part of the trail.

Quick Reply: nitto mud grappler - Update??