Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Grapplers A/T vs. BFG M/T

Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned BFG KMs, BFG KM2, and Goodyear MT/Rs. Both the BFG KMs and KM2s are amazing. I wouldn't hestitate to go with either. They are so quiet for an MT tire.

The goodyear MT/Rs were much louder, didn't handle as well on road, and wore funny.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I've run several sets of 35" BFG at's on previous trucks, and now have 34" Terra Grapplers on the JK.

The Terra's work fine. Good on the streets, dirt/rock trails. Better than the bfg's on rain/snow/ice. I have not had them in mud, but since they aren't a mud tire, I have no expectations there, and assume they will perform just as stellar as any other AT tire. They are less expensive than the other tires I was looking at, and have a semi-aggressive design for an AT. I would have no problems getting these again. (though I'd move up to a 35" next time)
Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How quiet are they on the roads?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Louder than the stock Sahara tires, with the windows down or doors off, I can definitely hear them. But not anywhere close to MT loud. Just typical big AT tire noise.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the Nitto's on my truck. Terrible in wet weather, all they would do is spin. They did, however, seem to work in the sand at Silver Lake.

I don't have experience with the BFG's
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the feedback, which tire would fit best on the 17 stock rim on the x?...as a daily driver with alot of rain and snowy winters.

Quick Reply: Nitto Grapplers A/T vs. BFG M/T