Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitto Crosstek

Old 12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Crosstek

So looking for some opinions. I am a Jeep newbie and just bought a 2007 Sahara unlimted. I immediately went to the store and asked to have 33 inch tires installed. He talked me into the Nitto Crossteks. I purchased them yesterday and had them installed. I guess I am looking to see if this was a good or bad choice of tire. All feed back would be appreciated thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Welcome!

Well, my guess would be you will get a couple different responses on this, and they will go something like this...

1. It depends on what you want the tire to do for you, and
2. If you are asking after the purchase, it is probably too late anyway.

Some people won't like them simply because they don't look aggressive enough. That said, Nitto's are generally well thought of and many people on these forums will run them. I went with the Falken Wild Peat A/T's because they fit my needs, and as long as the crosstek's fit yours, then it shouldn't be an issue -- IF they don't, then at some point down the line make a change. The big thing is WELCOME to the community and get out there and see what they and the jeep can do for you.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome!
As stated above it is about what you need and want from your Jeep. I am running Nitto Terra Grapplers. Not that they are bad but I don't like them because they don't suit my needs. I need an MT for the terrain that I wheel in. I do commute and it is my DD but I am willing to sacrifice comfort for off road performance since that is what I want. Key is that it is your Jeep and do what you want. Enjoy!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nitto makes excellent tires. The Crosstek is their all-season tire. If it's anything like their all terrian and mud terrian tires they should be great.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Nitto is a reputable company. If these tires fit your needs, I would say you will be happy with em. There a good looking tire. Post some pics so we can see em.

Last edited by KCTW; 12-31-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Nitto Crosstek