Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitro sleeves + BFH = Successfully strengthening axles?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIArmySGT
Any chance you can post a pic of that tool, so i can show by buddy who works in the fab shop here in on the Army base i work at
Here you go.I used 2x2 square tube with 3/16 wall,added a 1" square plate on one end,on the other end took a 1/2x2-1/2 bolt welded to a small then attached to the end of tube,attach bearing driver with wide end facing axle,then stack some washer that are the same size as the ID of the sleeve(a spacer would work too)i used a nylock nut to hold it together,The handles were some 1/2 round bar.Make sure you wear gloves during driving in the sleeves.We used a 20lb hammer to drive in the sleeves makes for quick work
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00298.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	392333   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00299.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	392334   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00300.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	392335  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Here you go.I used 2x2 square tube with 3/16 wall,added a 1" square plate on one end,on the other end took a 1/2x2-1/2 bolt welded to a small then attached to the end of tube,attach bearing driver with wide end facing axle,then stack some washer that are the same size as the ID of the sleeve(a spacer would work too)i used a nylock nut to hold it together,The handles were some 1/2 round bar.Make sure you wear gloves during driving in the sleeves.We used a 20lb hammer to drive in the sleeves makes for quick work
You rock!!!! thank you for the pics. I am sure I missed it, but what size bearing driver was used?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

SWEET, thanks so much, got a bunch of guys in my club with JKs, this will be a sweet club addition!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by maine07jk
You rock!!!! thank you for the pics. I am sure I missed it, but what size bearing driver was used?
Use one that's a little bigger than the sleeve.So in my kit,i used the largest driver which measures 3-1/4 across the flat side
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Use one that's a little bigger than the sleeve.So in my kit,i used the largest driver which measures 3-1/4 across the flat side
Thank you!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered my sleeves today from Truck Add-Ons. Chris was very informative in regards to the install. Looking forward to this project Saturday.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

IS there any other parts needed for the install of these nitro sleeves? gaskets? seals? etc? i am getting ready to order a set for 12 rubi and i want to make sure i get all the parts needed for the install. I plan on doing the c-gussets and skid plates for the lower control arms also. Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 AM
JK Newbie

i do want these, my only question is i have the g2 axle shafts didnt change the spline count so these should still work correct w that configuration. also are those little plastic things in the axle housing are they importaint. sorry kind of rambling but just want to make sure it goes smootly
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
IS there any other parts needed for the install of these nitro sleeves? gaskets? seals? etc? i am getting ready to order a set for 12 rubi and i want to make sure i get all the parts needed for the install. I plan on doing the c-gussets and skid plates for the lower control arms also. Thanks
All that you get are the sleeves which is all you need
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monsterjeep07
i do want these, my only question is i have the g2 axle shafts didnt change the spline count so these should still work correct w that configuration. also are those little plastic things in the axle housing are they importaint. sorry kind of rambling but just want to make sure it goes smootly
Those shafts will work fine. The plastic guides are there to aid in installation of the shafts at the factory. I didnt reuse them just be carefull.

Quick Reply: Nitro sleeves + BFH = Successfully strengthening axles?