Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nitro Sleeve Question

Old 07-04-2014, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop where you're at. You can be slightly outside the tube and be ok. Mine are out about a 1/4 inch. If you pound them in too far, you can push them into the inner seal at the differential and damage it. You're done, enjoy a cool one now.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150cliff
Stop where you're at. You can be slightly outside the tube and be ok. Mine are out about a 1/4 inch. If you pound them in too far, you can push them into the inner seal at the differential and damage it. You're done, enjoy a cool one now.
Wish I had air tools - no air hammer..... So this is interesting as well about the distance. I measured everything before I started - from oil seal out = 25 3/4". Axle sleeve was 25 1/4". Definitely enjoying a cold one after that - been dreading this project for a while. Next is gussets and I'm wheeling...
Old 07-04-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good job brother. I always like to see when we do stuff ourselves instead of paying others to do it. You gonna weld the gussets on yourself too? If you are, there's plenty of info here on technique.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Good job brother. I always like to see when we do stuff ourselves instead of paying others to do it. You gonna weld the gussets on yourself too? If you are, there's plenty of info here on technique.
Haven't done much welding in my life, wouldn't even really know where to start. Actually dreading taking it in and paying someone. Pretty much only 1 off road shop and he's $80 an hour but really good. So far I've done everything myself with the help of a few friends. Also realized today that if anyone is thinking about gussets and has the aev lift with sway link brackets - they need to be remove and longer links placed in order to fit the upper and lower gusset in.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be glad to weld the gussets on for you.......but, I'm a few miles away so probably not going to work.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I'd be glad to weld the gussets on for you.......but, I'm a few miles away so probably not going to work.
Damn I wish the west. From Washington and girl is from Sacramento. Anyone else with welding skills want to help a current mainer out???? Thanks 5150.....

Last edited by JustJeepinWithYa; 07-04-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Nitro Sleeve Question