Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nice looking Hood Latch, Any Good?

Old 11-26-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my set of Rampage latches, and they are very solid - anyone getting past them locked would be ripping apart the hood anyways.

They look a lot sharper than the stock ones! Also, They have a much lower profile, and are no longer visible from inside the Jeep. There isn't really room for your fingers to pull the latch open from underneath anymore. I grip onto the left and right sides, and pull on that. I do have to press down on the hood when closing the latch, but not outrageously so. The set comes with 4 copies of the key.

I had to remove my front grill to get at the nuts to the lower halves, but other than that, it was a pretty easy job to swap them out. I inserted a thicker amount of rubber padding too, since it brings the hood awfully close to touching. I may go back and drill open/extend the slots in the hood for the upper part, to lower the mounting location and increase the gap a just little more. Hood flutter should definitely be a thing of the past now!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my drakes

Quick Reply: Nice looking Hood Latch, Any Good?