Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nice list of common AT and MT tires at tirerack.com

Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice list of common AT and MT tires at tirerack.com

At that point to get some new tires for the Unl X. Too many choices, AT versus MT versus "crossovers". Information overload! Anybody running the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's in a 35? How do you like them? Looking more for a DD but want an aggressive look.

Firestone Destination A/T
Michelin LTX A/T 2
Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Fuzion XTi
General Grabber AT 2
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
Kumho Road Venture AT KL78
Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT
Pirelli Scorpion A/T
Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S
Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T
Firestone Transforce AT
Bridgestone Dueler A/T D693 II
Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
Goodyear Wrangler AT Extreme
Goodyear Wrangler GS-A
General AmeriTrac TR
Hankook DynaPro AT RF08

Tirerack Customer Survey Results on ATs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

Firestone Destination M/T
BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R
Dunlop Radial Rover R/T
Kumho Road Venture MT KL71
BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM
Dunlop Radial Mud Rover
Yokohama Geolandar M/T Plus
Goodyear Wrangler TD

Tirerack Customer Survey Results on MTs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORMT

Enjoy.

Last edited by Robar; 11-07-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 11-07-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got a set of the Firestone Destination A/Ts on order. 90 percent of my driving is on the road, and in northern BC we'll have icy and snowy conditions until next March or April. I plan to see how they run offroad to make sure they are better than the stock BFG duelers. I had those offroad in some sand and mud this week and they were horrible. I'll post how the new Firestones are in different conditions.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Cancelled the Firestone order - decided on the GY Duratracs instead. Reason was that I was doing some light wheeling with my stock Bridgestone Duelers this week and was slipping all over the place in wet sand/silt. Even to the point of going sideways on a slight side hill. So instead of an all-terrain that appears to have close to the same tread pattern as the Duelers I wanted something a bit more agressive. I figured that if I bought the Destinations I would be lusting after the Duratracs for the next 4 or 5 years anyway, so I pulled the trigger on them.

Got them mounted yesterday on the stock Sahara rims - 275/65R18. Tire size calculator says that they are virtually the same diameter as the stock 255/70R18. Very slight rubbing on the front sway bar at full lock backing out of driveway, obviously there will be a problem if full-out wheeling. You can definitely feel the E rated difference - a bit rougher and heavier on the road. Not planning on any other upgrades right now, just going to remember to back up from full lock.

It was dark here after they were mounted so I couldn't see them. When I looked this morning. Holy smokes!! What a difference they made to the jeep! It's starting to snow here now so I am looking forward to seeing how they are in snow and ice.

Overall, I have been back and forth over a tire that has exceptional street performance (like the Firestone Destination AT) versus something that would be aggressive offroad too. The severe winter rating also helped my decision, as well as our FSJ Jeeper John Smack's input. I have read that the Firestones work well offroad, but just looking at the tread pattern the Duratracs look the part anyway. Like may others have said before me, if I wanted street performance and good mileage I should have bought that Jetta TDI wagon instead.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about the Kumhos, but I'll vouch for the General Grabber AT 2s.

I just put some on a month ago, ran on some slick trails and some thick mud, so far so good.

I'm excited for the snow, the tires come with the holes to pop in studs.

Let us know which you pick!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Cancelled the Firestone order - decided on the GY Duratracs instead. Reason was that I was doing some light wheeling with my stock Bridgestone Duelers this week and was slipping all over the place in wet sand/silt. Even to the point of going sideways on a slight side hill. So instead of an all-terrain that appears to have close to the same tread pattern as the Duelers I wanted something a bit more agressive. I figured that if I bought the Destinations I would be lusting after the Duratracs for the next 4 or 5 years anyway, so I pulled the trigger on them.

Got them mounted yesterday on the stock Sahara rims - 275/65R18. Tire size calculator says that they are virtually the same diameter as the stock 255/70R18. Very slight rubbing on the front sway bar at full lock backing out of driveway, obviously there will be a problem if full-out wheeling. You can definitely feel the E rated difference - a bit rougher and heavier on the road. Not planning on any other upgrades right now, just going to remember to back up from full lock.

It was dark here after they were mounted so I couldn't see them. When I looked this morning. Holy smokes!! What a difference they made to the jeep! It's starting to snow here now so I am looking forward to seeing how they are in snow and ice.

Overall, I have been back and forth over a tire that has exceptional street performance (like the Firestone Destination AT) versus something that would be aggressive offroad too. The severe winter rating also helped my decision, as well as our FSJ Jeeper John Smack's input. I have read that the Firestones work well offroad, but just looking at the tread pattern the Duratracs look the part anyway. Like may others have said before me, if I wanted street performance and good mileage I should have bought that Jetta TDI wagon instead.
I just orderd the Goodyyear MTR's w/Kevlar in 275/70/18...33 inches. To be mounted on my stock Sahara wheels..I'll see how it goes and adjust as needed.

Quick Reply: Nice list of common AT and MT tires at tirerack.com