Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Next phase advice

Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, epic old school vid! Thanks for posting that man! So would that be considered an open differential? And the ratio of splines between the driveshaft gear and the axle gear is the gear ration we're talking about when we say 4.10, 5.13, 5.38 right?

I guess I'm still unsure about what the Aussie locker does specifically. I read up on lockers and understand the difference between a spooled diff, auto lockers and selectable lockers, but which is the Aussie locker? I think it's an auto locker, and Northridge4x4's description says it's way easy to install, cheap and very reliable, but if so why doesn't everyone have these? Is a selectable locker more desirable?

And another question... would it be worth it to pay extra for my regear here in AK considering I'm driving when I move to Cali? Would I save enough on gas to make it worth it or come out even?

Thanks again for all the advice everyone! Any other input on the next phase would be very much appreciated, especially concerning the lift and gears! This community is awesome, glad you're all so helpful to the newbs.

Quick Reply: Next phase advice