Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

newbie suspension questions

Old 06-25-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
With that longer shock body your going to need your bump stop setup correctly so you don't bottom out your shocks.
You may also need extended brake lines which I don't see on your list
yeah I forgot to write down the brakeline extension brackets, front and rear. yeah im thinking about possibly ditching the rs999331 and 332's and going with the rs999330 and 29's.. what do you guys think? so you guys think the only thing I would have to do is relocate the steering stabilizer and do a front track bar? the rear should be good for a track bar bracket?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeK
yeah I forgot to write down the brakeline extension brackets, front and rear. yeah im thinking about possibly ditching the rs999331 and 332's and going with the rs999330 and 29's.. what do you guys think? so you guys think the only thing I would have to do is relocate the steering stabilizer and do a front track bar? the rear should be good for a track bar bracket?
^^ This is a better plan. Rear is better witha raised bracket vs. an adjustable bar in the stock location.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input guys. I'm willing to listen to any advice and knowledge you have. Now all I need is someone's credit card!! 😁👍
Old 06-26-2015, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jchappies
With that longer shock body your going to need your bump stop setup correctly so you don't bottom out your shocks.
You may also need extended brake lines which I don't see on your list
I'm in the same situation as the OP. I am buying 19/60 springs for a 2D JK.
I am going to use 0.75" front and 1.75" rear synergy coil spacers along with this and am looking at 2" front and rear bumpstops. Should that suffice for bumpstop length?

OP - what size bumpstops are you using?

Last edited by jimps; 06-26-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimps
I'm in the same situation as the OP. I am buying 19/60 springs for a 2D JK.
I am going to use 0.75" front and 1.75" rear synergy coil spacers along with this and am looking at 2" front and rear bumpstops. Should that suffice for bumpstop length?

OP - what size bumpstops are you using?
what shocks are you planning on running? I think 2 inch bump stop extensions should be fine. if your running a long travel shock I would probably include some spring retainers.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JoeK
what shocks are you planning on running? I think 2 inch bump stop extensions should be fine. if your running a long travel shock I would probably include some spring retainers.
I was just on Synergy's website reading the part description print and for 35" tires it says to go with their 3". So I'll just get them.
I am using my stock shocks for now but was recommended the Rancho adjustables:
  • Rancho RS999326 RS9000XL Series Shock - Front
  • Rancho RS999328 RS9000XL Series Shock - Rear

Building out my jeep has been fun so far and using the forum and help with folks like you and others make it that much more enjoyable. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=jimps;4115418]I was just on Synergy's website reading the part description print and for 35" tires it says to go with their 3". So I'll just get them.

Building out my jeep has been fun so far and using the forum and help with folks like you and others make it that much more enjoyable. Thanks![/QUO

I would consider running the rs999329 front and rs999330 rear.. the collapsed length is only an inch or so more then rubicon shocks and you will get a good amount more extended travel.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Jimps, if you would like I have all the extended and compressed lengths for the sahara, rubicon and rancho shocks.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=JoeK;4115432]
Originally Posted by jimps
I was just on Synergy's website reading the part description print and for 35" tires it says to go with their 3". So I'll just get them.

Building out my jeep has been fun so far and using the forum and help with folks like you and others make it that much more enjoyable. Thanks![/QUO

I would consider running the rs999329 front and rs999330 rear.. the collapsed length is only an inch or so more then rubicon shocks and you will get a good amount more extended travel.
Cool. I was going by what would fit my Jeep and the 326 and 328 ranchos were the only ones that pulled up but if you're saying I will get more extended travel with these then I can order those instead

I think the 326 and 328 is for lifts 3" and above. I have to see what height I get with the 19/60 coils first.

Last edited by jimps; 06-26-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you need to look at your whole suspension......if you get longer shocks those brake drop brackets will be to short and you will end up ripping your brake lines out at full droop, you will need longer brake lines. You also need to look at full compression, if your bump stops are to short with a longer shock body you will damage your shock. If your going to piece a kit together you should look at complete kits and see what's in them. there's a reason why a manufacture doesn't add shocks made for a 4in lift to a 2in kit.

Quick Reply: newbie suspension questions