Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Newbie needs some performance help!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Newbie needs some performance help!

Ok so I am not a newbie to jeeps, but I am new to the JKforum. I was wondering if anyone could give me an opinion on a few things... I'm running my 09 with a CAI, Straight pipes after cats, lame little throttle body spacer, and high performance distributor and wires with plugs gapped to .065. I also have a SC flashpaq, it was one of my first upgrades for my jeep. However, after reading a few threads, I switched back to stock settings after the hotter ignition. Anyone have an idea if its safe to run all these mods with a flashpaq programming. Would a performance setting cause any damage with multiple mods? Generals thoughts? My main concern is knocking or a decrease in power/economy with using the flashpaq with multiple mods

Also, I am on 33 extreme all-terrains with a 2.5" lift and teraflex arms (FYI :P
Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum i am shure you will get the answer you need.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From what I understand per Superchips, you should be golden with the intake and exhaust. Apparently they're designed to work well with both those mods. As far as the ignition goes, not sure what to tell you there. I would suggest giving Superchips a call and laying out exactly what you have and they could probably tell you which tune would work best for you. My experience with them has been excellent. Great folks to deal with and very helpful
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would just run it and see if you experience any detonation. It would hurt to call SC directly and ask them as well
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

I run the high performance distributor, viper throttle body, cai and Bullydog GT tuner. Havn't had any problems.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ricksjeep10
I run the high performance distributor, viper throttle body, cai and Bullydog GT tuner. Havn't had any problems.
how much of an increase did you see with the viper throttle body?... been wanting to get it but sounds like a few people are having problems
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

GSMA2012...Welcome to the forum. You're gonna like it here.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs some performance help!