Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Newbie 44 front axle question

Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie 44 front axle question

I have a 13 jku and looking at upgrading my front axle to a Dana 44. What other vehicles have the same width axles as the jku? Looking to do an axle swap on a budget.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not get a 44 from a rubicon? Then it's bolt in.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to find and looking to build it my way. Don't want to spend the huge cash on a rubi axle to tear it apart and build it stronger.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You are not going to find a 44 that is not made for the jeep JK that has the same bolt pattern, has the tone rings, and has the same WMS unless it is a Rubi axle. They are out there if you just wait. You can also buy them new from Mopar for a pretty decent price. Most just go with a ford dana 60 but it will have a different bolt pattern and WMS
Old 08-10-2016, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy18
Hard to find and looking to build it my way. Don't want to spend the huge cash on a rubi axle to tear it apart and build it stronger.
Actually, they aren't hard to find. They're out there. You can even buy them in a crate. And they're not that expensive.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You are not going to find a 44 that is not made for the jeep JK that has the same bolt pattern, has the tone rings, and has the same WMS unless it is a Rubi axle. They are out there if you just wait. You can also buy them new from Mopar for a pretty decent price. Most just go with a ford dana 60 but it will have a different bolt pattern and WMS
Yeah, the only axle you could potentially use is a Ford front axle because of the driver side diff. By the time you narrow, and modify, just to fit all the jeep suspension you will have spent more( if not money then time, and time is money) messing with it than just buying a pre-fabed housing that will bolt right up to your jeep. There are so many companies making them now that you don't have to spend a lot of money for a housing. Then you can fill it with whatever goodies you want.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$865 will get you a Mopar Performance JKD44HD housing with J8 axle tubes. Then build from that. It will still take all your knuckles and bearings, brakes, steering etc.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
$865 will get you a Mopar Performance JKD44HD housing with J8 axle tubes. Then build from that. It will still take all your knuckles and bearings, brakes, steering etc.
You mind sending a link to this 44 axle for $865?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NeverStock

You mind sending a link to this 44 axle for $865?
I found it...funny what the right letters in Google does.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverStock
I found it...funny what the right letters in Google does.
Just to save someone else some time:

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p.../P5160036.html

Does anyone know the specs on this? It says thicker tubes, but how much thicker? And I assume the C's are the same.

Quick Reply: Newbie 44 front axle question