Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Newb. thats me!! lol

Old 01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newb. thats me!! lol

Hey everyone,

i live in nyc. and i have no idea or clue on how to upgrade my rubi that i ordered. ( 1 month left) however i was wondering what are some things i should do.

I want to go off road, once in a while however it's more my "just in case ride"
just incase the world goes to poop. i have a car that will go over anything.

i see that almost everyone lifts there jeep 2-3 in.
(is that only when you choose to get larger tires?)

what wheels are recomended?

tires?

air intake?

what lift kit is simple and will bolt on complete?

i got a lot of questions, So if you can help out this city boy with gettting in the "know" with a complete set up or what you would do. it would be a lot of help.

thanks Ddealer. aka new at this.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Welcome!

I'd suggest running through some of the topics that have already been started on these things and asking questions from there. If you use the search function at the top of the page to search things like wheels, tires, lift, you'll find a ton of great info waiting for you.

Also, check out wayoflife's gallery section on the main site and all of the user galleries on MY.Project-JK.com-- that'll help you figure out what you like and might want. I think when you know a little bit more about what style and what functionality you want/need, it will be easier to get advice from all the folks here!

Hope that helps a little.... and congrats on your JK!

Last edited by doojer; 01-22-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ddealer
Hey everyone,

i live in nyc. and i have no idea or clue on how to upgrade my rubi that i ordered. ( 1 month left) however i was wondering what are some things i should do.

I want to go off road, once in a while however it's more my "just in case ride"
just incase the world goes to poop. i have a car that will go over anything.

i see that almost everyone lifts there jeep 2-3 in.
(is that only when you choose to get larger tires?)

what wheels are recomended?

tires?

air intake?

what lift kit is simple and will bolt on complete?

i got a lot of questions, So if you can help out this city boy with gettting in the "know" with a complete set up or what you would do. it would be a lot of help.

thanks Ddealer. aka new at this.

If the workd comes to an end, your Rubi can go over anything, stock. Just keep reading, and looking at the pictures. Your heart and wallet will guide you to the mods you want.

And yes, most of us lift to get larger tires. Larger tires will get you more ground clearance. Plus the JK just looks good with larger tires.

Enjoy, and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
If the workd comes to an end, your Rubi can go over anything, stock. Just keep reading, and looking at the pictures. Your heart and wallet will guide you to the mods you want.

And yes, most of us lift to get larger tires. Larger tires will get you more ground clearance. Plus the JK just looks good with larger tires.

Enjoy, and welcome to the forum.
Yeah I'd say a lift of 2-3 inches along with tires / wheels - then a magnaflow exhaust - then an AEV or Airaid intake. That's a great start to an already great rig. I liked Rubimon's lead in - "If the world comes to an end, your Rubi can over anything stock". They really are fine rigs...you made a great choice. Ask us lots of questions as there's no shortage of experienced opinions around here. And, have fun with your new Rubicon
Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Realistically, if you want a casual offroader, leave the 32s on there for a while. You will quickly learn that you can do most things those with 35s can do, and probably everything that you want to do. Over time, as your abilities and needs improve, then you can lift it. Don't rush into it because everyone on this forum is doing it; we may not be the best judge of what people are doing with their Jeeps. I would bet half the people on this forum are lifting, half not (at least initially). Of all Jeeps, probably less than 10-20% will ever be lifted. Bottom line, do what you want, and not what you think we want.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't really advise you on how to build your rig.

to start off, get a hilift jack, and a cb radio, and some armor. these are things that are often overlooked for the more flashy lift kits and big meat.

maybe some electromagnetic shielding for when the world goes to poop.

Quick Reply: Newb. thats me!! lol