Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New wheels and tires vs stock rims and tires

Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels and tires vs stock rims and tires

Hey folks, first let me start by saying that I've been kinda hiding in the shadows for a bit since I bought my JK and have gotten a good bit of help from folks just by reading around. So i'm currently not in the states but right before I left I bought a 2012 2DR sport that had Sahara wheels swapped on to it from another jeep by the dealer. I am pulling together parts to build the jeep why I get back. The only issue I am having right now is deciding to go with new wheels and 35's or just keep the stock wheels and use spacer to clear the 35's. I'm fairly set on getting the RK 2.5" Max Travel system, but from what I've read on other lifts some of them specifically state that they require wheels with less than a 4.5" backspacing. Is anyone tracking if I'd be okay with stock wheels and spacers, and also if I could get some feedback from guys who currently run spacers on how they like them. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've installed Rubi springs, shocks, and wheels and tires off of a 4 dr....18/59's. I got @ 1.5 to 1.75" of lift. I also installed Spidertrax wheel spacers 1.5" and gave it a more aggressive stance. I have pics of before and after spacers. I have had no problem with them just follow directions use red loctite and retorgue after so many miles.

Stock tires and wheels
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120619_122427.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	392258
Rubi tires and wheels w/o spring, shocks, and spacers
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120830_073459.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	392259