Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Wheels and Tires

Old 08-21-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheels and Tires

I finally got my Stockton wheels and 33's. Now I want to have them mounted and balanced. Will the stock X valve stems work on them? If not what should I get?

The dealer wants $250 to mount and balance the new wheels and tires and to dismount the old ones to get the valve stems. Does this sound right?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had my JK tires removed from the JK wheels and installed and balanced on my Dodge Durango wheels, same size tire different bolt pattern wheel. I went to the local Goodyear shop and they charged me $20 per tire (4) plus tax.

$250 is a joke
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Forgot to mention I'm doing all 5 and they are charging for the dismount of the stock 5 to get the valve stems...I have called 5 other places and they all want the same or more!

I'm in Northern VA, prices are high up here, but does anyone know of a place for cheaper?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Breaking into the boxes today or tomorrow and will post pictures I've waited so long at this point I'm in no hurry anymore...

Quick Reply: New Wheels and Tires