Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New wheels arrive damaged

Old 07-10-2015, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels arrive damaged

I had a set of 5 wheels delivered to the shop installing my lift next week. 2 out of the 5 arrived damaged. One had a small dimple that will not be too noticible when mounted but the other was gouged . Hopefully mrwheeldeal can get Fuel Offroad to replace it quickly. I have to give UPS credit for once the packaging did not look too bad.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	617443   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	617444  
Old 07-10-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

While I would be aggravated I'm not sure I'd worry about the damage. Just touch it up. If you wheel even a mild trail you'll end up with the lips of the wheels getting scuffed/chipped. My wheels look pretty rough. I just take the dremel tool to them and smooth them out. Little touch up paint.

If you don't intend on playing on the rocks then definitely let them send you replacements.

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2015, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

I agree they are going to get banged up. I asked for them just to replace the gouged one.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Were you buying blemished wheels in the first place? If not, you should be expecting wheels in brand-new condition. If Fuel does not know how to properly ship their wheels it's not your fault, they should fix their mistake.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

The wheels were new condition. I'm giving them the chance to make it right before bashing anyone. Chris from Mrwheeldeal.com sounds genuine as he is trying to get it resolved. I would not have minded as much if I had more time to get it resolved. I've been waiting weeks to get the Jeep in for the Rock Krawler lift to be installed. My appointment is next Wednesday. I had the wheels shipped directly to the shop & they found the dimple. I took a ride up to the shop & we opened the rest of the boxes together. That's when I lost my sh*t as we took off the protective foam ring to find a gouged wheel.

Quick Reply: New wheels arrive damaged